Tuesday, July 18, 2006

2006 Anime Expo Epilogue

AX'06 Epilogue

I experienced an emotion I never experienced in a long, long time. The happy emotion. Throughout the con, I was happy. Happy, happy, happy. Big smiles, big smiles, big smiles. I met new people, I hang around with my friends, I experienced lots of firsts, and I made any situation or event that was good much better and any situation or event that was bad good—making lemonade from lemons.

When the Boston Red Sox won the 2004 World Series, the team reversed the curse—the Curse of the Bambino. My curse, and maybe for some anime congoers, is every odd year anime cons are good and every even year anime cons are bad. 2006 is an even year and AX'06 is my all time favorite. AX'06 was so great I can't think of any future cons to beat AX'06.

However, another way of thinking about anime cons is how the congoer makes the most out of an anime con . . . the one moment or one event from a bad con to a good con and vice versa. If the congoer goes to an anime con just to shop at the dealer's room and watch videos, then he or she is wasting their time. Anime cons are not for people to hang out alone. The number one reason anime fans attend anime cons is to meet new people. If the congoer must cosplay to meet new people, then do it. The number one reason cosplayers cosplay is to meet new people. If the congoer must attend a panel, a dance, start a gathering, and/or attend a gathering to meet people, do it. These moments or events make or break a congoer's anime con experience. Say out of every ten people you meet, two of them kept in touch with you and hang out with you, then kudos to you. You made two new friends.

If your AX'06 turned out terrible, I'm sorry. Now is the time to think what happened at AX'06 made your con experience terrible. What can you do next year for AX'07 to be a good con? Think about the possible solutions and work on them. You have one year to make AX'06 a con to forget. On the other hand, if AX'06 turned out excellent, congrats. Think about how to make AX'07 better than AX'06 and do something.

I'm glad I went to AX'06. The CLAMP visit, CLAMP cosplay gathering, mini FMA gathering, best ever cosplays, hanging out with all my friends, meeting new people, and experiences new firsts. AX'06 is another example of living life to the fullest without regrets. Thank you for reading my AX'06 Blog.

AX'06 Notes

Here are some notes for the 2006 Anime Expo Convention at the Anaheim Convention Center July 1, 2006 to July 4, 2006 in Anaheim, California.

--The website for the Risembool Rangers and Vic Mignogna official fan club are http://www.risemboolrangers.com and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vic_fans.
--Matt, I email you soon to send me the suggested links for the digital photo tips. Thanks for your help and expertise at the Artist Alley. I really appreciate it.
--I took 1,525 pictures. 98% are cosplay pics. I took many multiple cosplays pics. My estimate number of cosplay pics for my Innovate Infinitely 2006 Anime Expo Anime Page website is between 550 and 600.
--I was two numbers ahead on the CLAMP autograph lottery. My number was 0196112 and the closest winner was 0196110.
--Anime Expo 2006 is my eighth Anime Expo con.
--Bring a deck of cards to pass time.
--Bring a sketchbook and/or notebook. Great way to collect contact information and write down anything worth noting.
--I took pictures at the Fate/Stay Night, CLAMP, Rozen Maiden, Paradise Kiss, Ah! My Goddess, Trigun, and Gothic Lolita Tea Party gatherings.
--Visit http://comics.ign.com to view my Syaoran cosplay. Click on July 4th, the fourth day of the con.
--I want to thank the photographers who took my cosplay pics. And it was a pleasure posing with a few congers who wanted a pic with me.
--The weather was too damn hot for cosplayers especially with three layers of clothing @__@
--The weekend before AX, I went to Office Depot and purchased a small clipboard to write down the names of the cosplayers I took. Never happened. On July 5, I exchanged the small clipboard for six notebooks.
--There was a particular cosplayer for which I took a picture of her three times because she wore three different cosplays. She brought five cosplays. I should have made it fun by being aggressive such that if I take all five of her cosplays, I ask her out on a date :X

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: