Monday, July 10, 2006

2006 Anime Expo Introduction And Prologue

Introduction

Anime Expo (AX) 2006 is my all time favorite anime convention. I like to share what I did. I met new people, hung around with my friends, participated in two cosplay gatherings, attended two main events, and took lots of cosplay pics.

I got sick on July 6, two days after the convention. As of the post, I feel much better. I had a fever, headache, and a sore throat; although, my gut feeling tells me my dumb-ass co-worker gave me his sickness because he was feeling terrible. AX might not be at fault. Given the sickness, I have been behind in my things to do list.

AX'06 reversed the curse for me. Every odd year, my anime cons were good. Every even year, my anime cons were bad. 2006 is an even year and AX'06 is my all time favorite ^__^

The purchase receipts, cosplay pics, and schedule guide assisted me in remembering what I did and helped me typed the AX'06 Blog. I like to thank the staff and volunteers. Everyone did a great job!!! Thank you for reading.

AX'06 Prologue

My Fourth of July plans were open at the beginning of 2006. The uncertainty of the economy including rising interest rates, higher oil prices, and job layoffs affected me and my family. AX'06 was optional. I made The Anabella hotel reservation in December 2005 just in case. I could cancel the reservation in June if I were a no show.

Around April 2006, I pre-registered. I choose to attend AX because AX'07 is held in Long Beach. Remember 2002? The reasons why I attended AX'06 were because AX'07 is held in Long Beach and I don't want to attend, everyone in my family still have jobs and nobody got laid-off, and live the present and live the moment. No regrets. What if AX'06 was a great convention? Furthermore, CLAMP attended what might be their only U.S. appearance. I was happy CLAMP attended because my Syaoran cosplay from Tsubasa Chronicle is from CLAMP.

In May 2006, I made the car reservation. Checklist time. Hotel, pre-registration, car rental, Edward Elric and Syaoran cosplays are checked and ready.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: