Friday, August 04, 2006

92 Years Old and 9 Years Later

On July 25, 2006, my Grandmother passed away at the age of 92 years old. My Grandfather passed away in Summer 1997 from Alzimers (sp) disease. Both of them were married in China, moved to Santa Barbara, California in the 1940s and opened a restaurant. In 1982, my grandparents moved to San Jose.

Living in the 90s is still hard even with today’s modern medicine and health awareness. I’m proud my Grandmother lived through her 90s. She made the 90 Age Club =) My Grandmother taught me three lessons:

*Always eat fresh food. Rarely eat processed food and cook enough to prevent leftovers.
*Save money for emergencies.
*Cherish personal treasures and dump the junk. My grandparent’s house never had junk in their house.

It’s unfortunate my grandparents died nine years apart. As I type the Blog, I think how nine years went by fast; moreover, think of the future five years later or even nine years later—time goes by really fast, and who knows what’s going to happen to me?!?!?!? What happened the last nine years? Some off the top of my head includes:

*Graduating from San Jose State Fall 1997
*My first job at Grubb & Ellis July 1998
*Started to work out in the gym
*Buying stocks and dot com companies in 1999
*Tech bubble crash March 2000
*Classes at Professional Center San Jose State University for which most were a waste :<
*Trying to learn technology; unfortunately, little success
*Trips to Reno, San Diego, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Seattle, British Columbia, Salem in 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2005
*9/11 attacks
*Reading Rich Dad Poor Dad in 2002 and became more aware of my personal finances and career choices
*Iraq invasion in 2003
*Attending many anime conventions and cosplaying
*Learning how to cook

And there were lots more in the last nine years. Wow! Unbelievable! I wish I could have done more. You know what. I want to do more now and more later. It’s time to experience new experiences. It’s time to do them now because time is ticking away fast :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: