Thursday, August 31, 2006

It’s The Same Typical Year

I want to tell the reader I thought of the Blog entry on my way to work today ^__^

January 1. The beginning of the new year . . . and the beginning of the usual, typical year. How typical? Some examples from my life:

*January: Super Bowl
*February: President’s Day for which the next major holiday is Memorial Day and taxes
*March: March Madness
*April: Spring Vacation
*May: Fanime Con
*June: Wimbledon
*July: Anime Expo
*October: World Series
*November: Thanksgiving
*December: Christmas Shopping

And then there’s visiting the dentist two times a year, visiting San Francisco Japantown at least two times, attending the smaller anime conventions, visiting my eye doctor annually, taking my excess vacation time as one day offs because I don’t have money to take big vacations, and even purchasing stamps at the post office four times a year.

Monthly, I update my web page, complete my monthly responsibilities at work, and pay bills. Weekly, I take out the trash, go to the gym two days a week, and gas up my Dad’s truck. And daily (oh man, I want to avoid daily), get up in the morning, go to work, spend 9 hour wasting my life at work, go home, cook, clean dishes, read, and go to sleep; furthermore, if I don’t read, I either update my webpage, check email because I didn’t check at work, write a Blog, or go to sleep super early because I was so damn tired from work :-
I believe leaving life alone or letting life take control one is going to have a typical life. The person is going to have a typical and boring life, and the person likely is going to die from boredom. I refuse to accept a typical life. I refuse to live life what I described above for the rest of my life.

Typical lives can be altered from uncontrollable events or moments such as the 9/11 attacks, Hurricane Katrina, and the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake in the Bay Area. When uncontrollable events or moments change people’s lives forever, they must be aware their altered lives can become a new typical life. When an old typical becomes a new typical, one must find ways to break out of the pattern. Never live a typical life. Add variety because variety is the spice of life.

Did I do anything unusual in 2006? Yes and no. The no is because the unusual activities I did has not lead to new activities in my life short term or long term. As for yes, here are some,

*Attended the Cherry Blossom Festival and WorldCon for the first time. I plan to attend Yaoi Con in October.
*Visited Santa Cruz on a day off.
*Participated in the Fanamafia gatherings and events and I met lots of new people and I made new friends.
*Got sick three times and one was serious I stayed home for four days.
*Visited San Francisco five times and a sixth is planned in September. I never visited San Francisco three times or more a year.
*Plan to visit Las Vegas and Christmas shop at Santa Cruz in December.

Talk about unusual, today was unusual. Work was stressful . . . really stressful . . . really, really stressful. I ate lunch at 3:10 P.M. When I make a right turn at a major intersection, I had to wait for the oncoming traffic for which I usually don’t wait. And went I left the parking lot which was full from an event tonight, the parking attendant gave a driver a break to take my spot.

Off the record, 2005 was the year of the new, 2006 is the year of the firsts, and I looking forward to 2007 as the year of the big break because one of these unusuals is going to give me the big break. The reason I say off the record is because I don’t want to jinx 2007 XD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: