Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tips From 2007 Vancouver All Hands

I found notes I took at my department’s all hands meeting in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada March 26-March 29, 2007 while I worked at Cisco. Any of the tips may help you move one step closer to a goal :D

*Business Cards. Give the recipient your business card by holding the card two hands and the card facing towards the recipient XD

*Be prepared to take notes. The all hands meeting was at the Vancouver Hyatt. Each table included notepads and pens. During the meetings, write notes for important information. When the piece of paper is filled, tear it off and place anywhere close to you. Continue writing on a new piece of paper. Don’t keep the sheets intact on the notepad. Tear off the completed sheet and continue writing on a new piece of paper ^__^

*All The President’s Men movie. I watched the movie starting Robert Redford and Dustin Hoffman on cable. The movie portrays the Watergate scandal. I liked the movie for doing a good job portraying deadlines and portraying doing whatever it takes to get information. The movie is on my wish list :>

*Who am I? Most of the meetings involved PowerPoint slides. Cisco is PowerPoint big time on presentations and quarterly reports. The first slide is the title slide. I suggest the second slide is who you are. The second slide can be a gag shot of who you are. Briefly talk about yourself including career, hobbies, and a short story about a past event :3

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: