Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Accutane Day 236


It's been a long time since my last Accutane blog update. My dermatologist made me wait six weeks for today's appointment because my Accutane supply was greater than 30 days. Mon Sep 28's appointment was routine. There is a big acne on my lower forehead above my left eye. The acne has been on my face at least 10 days. And blackheads continue to appear on my nose *sniff, sniff* My dermatologist said Accutane shrinks the oil glands. Acne and blackheads still appear on my face at a much lesser degree. I have bad genetics. I have big oil glands and I still have acne and blackheads.

I have an option to double the strength from 20mg a day to 40mg a day. My dermatologist talked me against doubling; however, I have the choice to double. The reason I should stay at 20mg is because I had bad eczema and dry face skin during the summer. I remain patient and take the 20mg. There is no timeline when I stop taking Accutane.

I went to Costco to receive my next 30 day supply of Accutane. I thought about my bad genetics and my big oil glands. I said to myself, "I rather have big oil glands than a bad back. A handsome actor's face doesn't save me from running from a fire in a building, lol." I waited for my prescription by shopping for lunch and dinner. I walked up to the pharmacy cash register to get my prescription. There was a problem. I asked for information what is the problem. The pharmacy manager explained the process how Costco Pharmacy gets reimbursed from the insurance company. My insurance company isn't paying for my Accutane. He said my problem is "not unusual." Costco Pharmacy submitted a request to my insurance company to investigate why I'm not getting my drug coverage. I contact Costco Pharmacy on Wed Sep 30. The pharmacist also said drug prices change daily.

I post an update to the drug problem.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: