Friday, October 11, 2013

A Life Reminder From Costco's Pizza

My sister in-law ordered Costco pizzas for her children's birthday party. Her children were born 11 days apart in different years. My parents and I helped her by picking up the pizzas she pre-ordered days ago. We were running late. We didn't check the order.

We should have checked the order. She pre-ordered four pepperoni pizzas and four combination pizzas. We opened the pizzas at the party. We received four pepperoni pizzas and four cheese pizzas. My sister in-law took two of the four boxes of uneaten cheese pizzas back to Costco for a refund.

I believe customers have some responsibility to check their orders. Moreover, I believe double checking takeout orders, final presentation preparations, safety procedures, etc. are worth the extra time. The next time I see a Costco takeout pizza, I'm reminded to double check. We're human. We make mistakes.

No comments: