Sunday, October 27, 2013

My New Short Term Goals

The title is correct. I have goals. I stopped believing in goals for a long time. The last time I created goals was in 2008. I stopped creating goals in 2009 because I didn't know what I was doing and I didn't know how I wanted to live my future. I have been living the present life one day at a time. I know how I want to live my future. The four short term goals are the following:

1. Relearn and refresh job skills and knowledge. I relearn and refresh SQL, PowerPoint, and Visio since Mon Oct 7. I reviewed my accounting, Excel, Access, Crystal Reports, and business analyst concepts earlier this year.

The first goal also includes learning new job skills. For example, I'm self teaching myself Salesforce because I see Salesforce experience in many analyst positions. I don't know my next skill after I learn Salesforce at the moment. I continue learning new job skills because I'm still looking for a job. I must keep learning to stay competitive.

2. Find a job. I know the hard work focusing on job skills and knowledge from the first goal pays off when I find a job. Most of the jobs I applied are temporary positions or contractor positions. The job market is tough.

I continue to find time improving my job skills when I work. I learn anything new if it's related to my job or not. I choose what I feel is best taking into account my abilities, my strengths, and my future job prospects.

3. Find a permanent job. I have hope the economy strengthens significantly such that more people are working soon. I have hope and faith I find a permanent job to begin another career. The experience from my temporary or contractor job opens doors to new permanent opportunities.

4. Move out. I'm ready to move out of the house. It's time for me to live on my own. It's time to take responsibility for myself and my entire life. I'm going to be 100% independent. Freedom is coming soon.

1 comment:

cosbabyfive said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.