Friday, October 04, 2013

Five Years Ago Today I Grew Up

Today is the five year anniversary I realized I must grow up. An immediate sigh of relief happened. I felt loose. I felt relaxed. All of the hate in my life disappeared. I forgave everything and everyone bad that happened in the past. It was the first time I took responsibility for myself. It was the day I made immediate life changes.

Living a mature life is great. I see a new life perspective. I live a better life with more wisdom, strength, and intelligence. I stopped complaining. I stopped carrying my entire world on my shoulders. I’m responsible for my actions, my thinking, and my relationships. I’m responsible to earn, to learn, to grow, and to innovate. There is no magic pill for success. I must earn my success.

The downside today is I don't have a job. I'm optimistic I find a job soon. The next company I work I avoid repeating the same mistakes at my past jobs. I take more responsibility for my career. I act, behave, and think professionally. I continue to stay active job searching, taking online classes to keep my skills sharp, working out at the gym . . . living my life one day at a time regardless of my unemployment.

The most important lesson I learned is never taking life for granted. My life was handed to me on a silver platter before Oct 4, 2008. Everything went my way. I didn't even try 100%. My life went downhill months before Oct 4, 2008. I didn't know what to do. I was naive. I was lost. I was a wimp.

I started going uphill on Oct 4, 2008. There is no more taking my life for granted. I consider myself lucky I self-discovered growing up. There are millions of people older than me who haven't grown up. They still live a life complaining and hating. They still live a life waiting and praying for something good to happen. They still live a life believing they're immune to bad events and situations. They still life a life believing they're on top of the world, and the world must revolve around them. The immature and naive life is no longer me. Cheers for living as a strong man and a mature adult. The sky's the limit as I continue going upwards.

No comments: