Saturday, May 24, 2014

Work Sat May 24, 2014

I had a sore throat and allergies during the entire week Mon May 5 to Fri May 9. I also experienced fatigue and mosquito bites on my hand. Fortunately, the work week was the easiest ever. I didn't work in the front-end. I worked at the second store on Fri only. President Obama visited a Wal-Mart near our store on Fri. My manager said everything was normal. Nothing happened. Finally, I learned the difference between front line cost and net cost. I remember the lesson because there was confusion when I priced wines for a tasting the following day.

There is a new procedure for new products. The shipping and receiving person must find new products to give to the data entry people to scan the barcodes. The owner wants to utilize barcodes for more accurate stock counts and less chance of ringing up wrong products to the customers at check-out.

A six day work week began on Mon May 12. My sore throat was gone. My fatigue continued. The beginning of bad health at work began on Wed May 14. I wanted to go home. I was hot. It was record hot temperatures throughout the Bay Area. Also, I was really late to work because the expressway was backed up for an unknown reason. I drove another route to avoid.

I wanted to go home at 2pm on Thur May 15. The assistant manager asked I stay the entire day because we were short-handed. I worked the front-end starting at 2pm to close. I don't know how I survived the entire work day. My bad health was the reason I didn't feel like trying Saki for the first time in my life. Saki was today's tasting.

There were lots of deliveries at the second store on Fri May 16. I experienced three bloody nose moments. I was hot. It was very warm inside the store. I was a wreck. I needed sleep badly.

Today's tasting wines were delivered last minute via will call. The rep and his co-worker personally delivered the cases. The rep also poured the wines. I talked with the rep regarding careers in the wine industry. He started his wine career working part time in a wine & cheese shop while in college. He worked at other positions involving wine. His number one knowledge he shared with me was nobody works in the wine industry for the money. The money is terrible. People work in the wine industry for the love of wine. He has a Masters Degree in Music.

There was a blessing in disguise working on Sat May 17. The reason I worked today was covering a co-worker on vacation. The part-time data entry/bookkeeper also worked today. I was productive. Very productive. I wasn't needed in the front end which was fortunate because I was coughing. I went to an urgent care center after work. Sun May 18 and Mon May 19 were my scheduled days off.

I called in sick on Tue May 20 because I slept for zero hours last night. My sickness consisted of a throat infection, coughing, post nasal drip, and an eye infection. I apply anti-biotic eye drops to battle my sickness. Today was my six month anniversary.

I went back to work on Wed May 21. Tue May 20 was a good day to miss. My manager was able to fulfill my duties when the entire store was dead. I was behind in emails only.

My manager admitted his mistake for the first time in my six months working in the company on Thur May 22. He accidentally double charged a customer who's well-known with the ownership. Wow. I caught up my emails.

The tasting sheet at the second store was revised three times on Fri May 23. The revisions took up too much time on my end. Fortunately, I finished everything ahead of closing I tasted Italian wines under $20 during the 6pm hour. All the workers including myself went home early.

Sat May 24's shift was like Sat May 17's shift. Productive, productive, and productive. I worked at the front-end for 20 minutes to cover a worker who went on break. I told the assistant manager before I went home to count me in for Sat shifts if I'm scheduled. My coughing has improved and I'm getting more sleep.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: