Saturday, August 09, 2014

Work Sat Aug 9, 2014

It was a waste of time working on Mon Jul 14. I completed two hours of quality work. I forgot my 64oz water container. My co-worker was angry at me because I didn't complete her pricing grid. It was her pricing grid. She was lazy to complete the pricing grid last Fri.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

One of the manager's bad attitude towards me continued on Tue Jul 15. He yelled at me for receiving sample wine bottles. It was the first time I was told not to receive sample bottles with an invoice at zero cost. The cleanup inside the office continued. The ladies complained the office was too cold. The air vent was partially covered. I unplugged one of the bathroom's toilet. The entire day was receiving invoices. One employee was assigned our new beer buyer. I've seen and experience enough working here. It's time to begin the process to move on.

Wed Jul 16 the owner continued her micromanaging asking me to email her a list of activities I did for the day. I was angry. I was taking a break in the Champagne section when she asked for the email list.

The madness became the silliness. I'm no longer angry. The decisions were becoming silly. The silliness began on Thur Jul 17. The predecessor beer buyer and I agreed the company was becoming silly--beyond madness. One of the part-timers embarrassed me on an email sent to multiple people regarding my researching wine skills. The process to move on intensified.

It was mostly peaceful on Fri Jul 18. There were some minor glitches. I ate lunch at Panera Bread trying the 1/2 sandwich and 1/2 soup with my rewards card. My big activity was copying caviar information to the second store's database. I exchanged contact information with the predecessor beer buyer because it was his last day. Our last conversation was with the manager with the bad attitude. We agreed he's being stressed out. Other employees have experienced his bad attitude towards them. Seek first to understand.

I worked at the front end the entire Mon Jul 21 shift because the backend office was too hot. The air was stagnant. I'm not going to work in a hot environment. I have the right to work in a comfortable environment. I planned today to catch up. Catching up didn't happen because there was a rare Mon delivery for which I received the new products. Moreover, the internet was down. I lost research time. The internet was slow when all the computers were connected. I learned you shouldn't eat caviar with a medal spoon.

On the bright side, the morning commute was easy. Let's begin the summer traffic commute. Families are on vacation before the next school year starts.

The slow internet continued on Tue Jul 22. I didn't take my lunch because there was too much assignments and projects. I either took a lunch and didn't finish or skipped my lunch and finished everything. Either way I'm going to get yelled.

I was yelled for skipping lunch on Wed Jul 23. The bad attitude manager drove to the back of the store while my co-workers and I waited for another manager to open the store. He turned around and drove off immediately after seeing me.

I found my missing blue pen on Thur Jul 24. My pen was found on the fifth booth at the front end. The store was short-handed because the owner hosted an off-site event in San Francisco for VIP customers. I worked at the front end from 4:00pm to 7:20pm. I had priced no new products for the week. The bad attitude manager tentatively priced wines for Fri's tasting.

I wished good luck to a part time worker. He found a full time job with benefits at a 4 start hotel minutes north of our store's location. His last day was Fri Jul 25 for which I worked at the second store.

The shipping clerk was yelled for incorrectly receiving the caviar for the San Francisco event. One of the managers informed some of us the owner overbooked the event. The initial seating capacity was 30. 48 people attended the event because the owner accepted additional RSVPs.

Our internet provider sent a technician to perform a detailed inspection. He communicated solutions to the assistant manager including turning off the internet for an hour during business hours. She declined the turning off the internet option.

Management yelling at me was like white collar mismanagement--in retail. One person says something and another person says another. Catch-22. I'm screwed either way.

Congratulations were called forth on Fri Jul 25. The shipping clerk found a new job. He submitted his two week notice; however, if he didn't receive his three month review, he walks out immediately. Ownership accepted his request for his three month review. A bonus is awarded during three month reviews. I haven't received my three month review.

The bad attitude manager asked why I haven't been receiving invoices. Huh? I told him the truth. He responded by telling me he checked up with me in one hour. He came back to me in 30 minutes. Damn.

My schedule changed starting on Sat Jul 26. I work at the second store to cover shifts only. Otherwise, I work at the first store. I'm responsible for all tastings at the first store and my co-worker is responsible for all tastings at the second store.

I was late to work because of a huge backup on the freeway. I created alternate routes to and from the second store. Furthermore, I was frustrated working at the front end I moved to the back end for the rest of the day. The store was dead overall.

I was late to work again on Tue Jul 29. It was my fault. The consolation was my co-worker entered and priced the wines for Fri's tasting at the first store yesterday. I was surprised.

Exhaustion described Wed Jul 30's work shift. The company continued going downhill. The work environment continued to get worse from my perspective. I'm confident some co-workers shared my feelings. I rather experienced downfall at a white collar job.

Management and ownership made the choice for the ultimate internet repair. The store lost internet for one hour. I took my lunch during the 1pm hour. There was little change in internet speed after the repair.

The bad attitude manager actually helped me. He gave some invoices to another co-worker. I was surprised.

My data entry co-worker called in sick on Thur Jul 31. I completed her workload. The internet had its ups and downs throughout the day. I stopped initiating conversations with the owner. She only talks about work. There was another off-site event. There was a last minute add for which it was a pre-sale. In other words, the wine was not even available to taste. The bad attitude manager working at the second store emailed me to check whether I'm pricing wines. No shit. I was pricing wines for both stores.

I always arrived late no matter when I leave home. There was a spin out on the freeway and I drove through Downtown Los Altos. Foothill to San Antonio was a no go. My data entry co-worker called in sick again on Fri Aug 1.

The owner asked me to reprice all the wines for Sat's Aug 2 tasting. Another example of mismanagement. I also corrected errors from a co-worker's data entry. There was a rare Sat delivery. We received 30 cases of wine for which some cases blocked the back exit.

I was scared driving to work on Tue Aug 5. A flatbed truck dropped two metal objects on the freeway. I dodged them at 65mph. Another deja vu moment?

I'm scheduled to work Sat and Sun at the second store. It was my first time working both weekends. The reason were the managers were taking wine classes and I'm covering a Sun shift.

The bad attitude manager continued to email me pestering me as if I'm his personal punching bag stress buster. He said I incorrectly unreceived wines for which we returned to the vendor. Why did we receive the wines when delivered? Mismanagement again.

I was angry on Wed Aug 6. The Sat Aug 9 tasting lineup for the first store was changed. A co-worker and I spent hours entering new wines for the tasting.

Thur Aug 7 was a day off. A first Thur for me.

Fri Aug 8's tasting sheet was printed in legal size. It was the first time I saw a legal size tasting sheet. Two co-workers were frustrated. One of them almost sweared for which I never heard her swear. My guess was the owner added the expensive wines to the tasting sheet to market them resulting in a legal size tasting sheet. Nobody has been buying the expensive wines from the same producer. Today was the shipping clerk's last day.

It was dead at the second store on Sat Aug 9. It was boring for me; however, I was productive. There was a change in the schedule. The bad attitude manager worked at the second store. He questioned what I did today.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: