Thursday, August 28, 2014

Top Ten My World Changers

I was inspired to blog today's top ten from reading a San Jose Mercury newspaper article on Steve Jobs changing the world when Jobs pulled a Mac out of the bag on Jan 19, 2014. There are moments in our lives that change our own world. The most common world changers are marriage, new job, moving out of your parent's house, death, big victories, and awful defeats. Life is more exciting creating world changers. World changers can be life depressing. Get stronger creating world changes. Get stronger overcoming world changing disasters.

One world changer was a new haircut on Aug 2004. My haircuts today are buzz cuts. I look handsome, younger, stronger, and confident. These are good qualities to attract people. I removed my entire hair during one summer 2009. I see myself the Bruce Willis bald look in the future.

Here are my top ten world changers which changed my world:

10. Team Fortress 2 (2007). I played my first online video game playing with others around the world. The players vs players shooting game is still popular today.

9. Social Networking (2009). I created a Facebook account in Apr 2009 and a Twitter account in Nov 2009. I also include online chatting in 2007.

8. Colliers International (1999-2007). I was introduced to Excel and Access beyond the books. I was also introduced to data entry and database administration.

7. My New Face (2007-2010). I wore braces from Jan 2007 to Aug 2009 and treated my acne with Accutane from Feb 2009 to Feb 2010.

6. Cooking (2005-present). I'm not a five star chef. There's still much more to learn. My never ending goal is cooking delicious food. Basic cooking skills are necessary to live independently.

5. Changed My Major To Economics (1995). I started my college life as a Mathematics major who wanted to teach high school mathematics. The goal fell through. I changed my major to Economics. My major classes become more interesting. I met more classmates. My GPA went up at the end of each semester.

4. Back To School (2009-2011). I went back to college to earn an AA degree in Accounting from De Anza College. My Business Analyst contract was terminated because of the financial recession which explained the free time unemployed. However, the primary reason I went back to college was to relive my college years. I wanted to experience college life as a student and correct the mistakes when I attended San Jose State. I didn't experience college life as a student at San Jose State. My life at De Anza was satisfactory.

3. Job Searching Again (Jun 2014-present). I started to job search. The time is now to find another job. I realized how important hard work, perfect work, and putting in the time to achieve goals. Furthermore, I'm learning Python, reviewing pivot tables, reviewing v-lookups, and relearning SQL. I plan to learn data analysis soon.

2. Japanese Anime (1996-2014). I'm retired from the Japanese anime hobby. Watching anime was an entertainment medium that satisfied me American television failed for a long time. I met lots of people and made lots of friends. Anime influenced some of my past and present hobbies and beliefs. I wore costumes to anime conventions.

1. Growing Up (Sat Oct 4, 2008). My life changed forever when I realized I must grow up. Life is much better from a mature point of view. It's time to stop being naive. It's time to be responsible. Stop taking life for granted. Get stronger, smarter, wiser, and kinder. Earn your successes. The changes were immediate. New clothes, new PC, new gym workouts, fiction books, new board games including Mahjong (Riichi), and new hobbies such as ballroom dancing and hiking.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: