Thursday, January 22, 2015

Work Thur Jan 22, 2015

Mon Jan 12: I woke up at 7:15am. I should have slept more last weekend. I ate breakfast at my cubicle for the first time to avoid arriving work too late.

My engineer told me to delay the audits. My priority was entering the newest RMAs. I used Salesforce for the first time to look up incomplete RMAs. I continued to learn more about the RMA process. He continued to give me more instructions even though I have worked in the company for 2.5 months.

I learned more history of the SAP database. The database went live in Oct 2014. My engineer, SAP administrator, and I had a meeting to discuss future enhancements. The SAP administrator shared a story when he worked at another tech company. He got a call on a Fri night at 11pm from the CFO office. There was a glitch in the new accounting payable system. The system was fixed. His development team was not at fault.

Tue Jan 13: Another worker and I rode the elevator down to the first floor on my way to the cafeteria for lunch. The worker pressed the second floor by mistake. A third passenger entered the elevator on the fourth floor. He exited on the second floor. What were the chances? I made a joke the worker who pressed the second floor by mistakes predicted someone needed to get off on the second floor.

Entering the RMAs and cleaning up the RMAs are a learning process. The learning process was the same when I worked at Cisco. I learn more working on the SAP database. I learn more making mistakes.

Wed Jan 14: I arrived to work at 9:50am because of a dentist appointment. I was lucky I arrived at my dentist appointment 10 minutes late because the batteries in my alarm clock went dead.

I ate an Iguanas burrito for lunch take out at 3pm. I brought the burrito back to the cafeteria. I located the paper plates next to the salad bar when I almost finished eating my burrito. Eating lunch at 3pm reminded me when I worked at a wine store. My lunch hour was at 3pm.

Thur Jan 15: There was a live CNBA broadcast at the lobby. Security closed the lobby entrance. I entered the building from the shipping & receiving. The broadcast involved four companies forming the Cyber Threat Alliance (CTA). The CEO of the company was interviewed.

I listened to classical music in the afternoon. I stopped listening to podcasts for the rest of the day and tomorrow.

Fri Jan 16: A replacement was assigned for the person who was fired last week. The replacement is a contract worker given a new challenging assignment. Her last assignment was an executive assistant. My initial impressions reminded me of an obnoxious co-worker at my last job.

I created another Access database. The database contains all the components and its part numbers. I export the data from the online database to the Access database to help me entered the RMAs in the SAP database faster.

I pressed the Don't Walk button on the signal intersection from the parking lot. The reason was the green light exiting the parking lot was too short. I shopped at Costco after work for the first time since 2008.

Mon Jan 19: Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. The office was closed.

Tue Jan 20: Terrible morning commute. I drove 30 minutes to work. It must be the work day after a holiday.

My engineer experienced CPU problems with his laptop. Slow performance. He went to IT. No help. IT looked at his laptop for one minute. IT said no problems. My engineer was frustrated for the rest of the day.

The cafeteria started selling Starbucks coffee. No more Peet's Coffee.

The sun no longer shines at my cubicle between 4:30pm and 4:40pm. It must be the longer daylight time and the angle of the sun.

Wed Jan 21: 26 minute commute to work. It could have been 30 minutes if I stopped at a signaled intersection after El Camino Real and stopped at my one left turn to work. I needed to leave the house 30 minutes earlier.

My engineer arrived to work at 1pm. He was offsite for a meeting with one of our vendors in Fremont, CA.

Thur Jan 22: Two accidents today. One accident on my way to work and one accident on my way home. The first accident was a fender bender blocking the left lane. The parties should have moved to the right shoulder. The second accident was at the center of a major intersection. Emergencies services were at scene when I drove past.

I downloaded the official category definitions and downloaded the SAP database field definitions. I wonder why my engineer didn't tell me about these documents when I started.

My gym workout was cut short because I needed to pee in the middle of my treadmill workout. One of the treadmill machines was out of order. I went to the bathroom losing my treadmill because there was another worker who wanted the treadmill.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: