Saturday, February 07, 2015

Instant Bullets Blog Feb 7, 2015

New Year's Eve Tradition. I created a new tradition. I watched two movies during New Year's Eve 2015. The movies were The World's End and Gravity. Good movies. I watch them again for New Year's Eve 2016 if I stay home.

. . . with speed bumps and pot holes. I listened to The Long And Winding Road by The Beatles one day. I added the thoughts speed bumps and pot holes. Life is a long and winding road. Life is tough with speed bumps and pot holes on the long and winding road.

Paul McCartney was quoted "I just sat down at my piano in Scotland, started playing and came up with that song, imagining it was going to be done by someone like Ray Charles." The growing tension among The Beatles inspired McCartney to write the song.

Kickstarter bucket list. I want my entire color wheel colored in my Kickstarter profile. I achieved Technology and Games categories. I browse for a pair of pants, a shirt, or a wallet in the Fashion category. I don't know what I back for the rest of the categories. I backed two LED bulbs and one LED flashlight. Do I want to start a Kickstarter LED collection? Too expensive.

Bodies change. Another example my body changes is moisturizing cream. I switched cream from Vanicream to Nivea. Vanicream gave me red bumps on my hand. No red bumps appear using Nivea. Interesting. My dermatologist recommended Vanicream since I started visiting him for my dermatology needs.

Lesson my parents failed to teach me. I thought about my parents regarding teaching me when I was a child one night. I realized my parents failed to call me out on my mistakes. I believe they caught my mistakes. They never communicated and taught me what I did wrong. Could I have grown up earlier than Oct 4, 2008 if my parents told me to grow up earlier in my life?

I'm a let it be person. I rarely call out a person when they made a mistake. Sometimes keeping quiet is appropriate. Sometimes keeping quiet is inappropriate. What are the criteria to call out a person? What are the situations to call out a person? I don't know the answers. I believe it's a judgment call. Do I want someone to call me out when I make a mistake? It depends. I believe I answered the questions regarding criteria and situations.

Another lesson my parents failed to teach me. My parents failed to teach me rejection. They failed to teach me failing. They failed to teach me to deal with rejections and failures because I needed to learn from them. People grow stronger, smarter, and wiser from rejections and failures. I believe my parents never taught me rejection and failures because my parents never let me experience these life lessons in my childhood. My childhood was sheltered.

Inside promotion. The San Francisco 49ers promoted Linebackers Coach Jim Tomsula to be the Head Coach replacing Jim Harbaugh. Let's put aside the opinions regarding Tomsula being a good hire or a bad hire. I'm recognizing the 49ers promoting inside the organization. I want to see more companies promoting inside the company. I saw many open experienced positions and open upper management positions during my job searches. Companies hiring these positions and similar positions should look inside the company before hiring someone from the outside. I want to see less senior level or experience level positions on the open job market. I want to see more entry level and mid level job openings.

"School is fair. Life is not. Just get used to it." Former California Governor Gray Davis was quoted in a commencement speech at Columbia Law School. Schools should think of ways to teach life is not fair. I'm not an education expert. Unfair distributions. Some get away with cheating. Random grading scales. The teacher is hard for one school day. Educators should do something to teach more real life lessons.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: