Thursday, February 19, 2015

Work Thur February 19, 2015

Tue Feb 3: My engineer told me the company approved a 4 month contract extension. I wait for my contractor company to approve on their end. If approved, my last day is Fri Jul 3.

A reminder. Pace myself. I was stressing out entering RMAs from one of our vendors at the end of the day.

My handwriting improved for unknown reasons.

I drove straight through the signaled intersection instead of turning left leaving the parking lot going home. I made a U-turn at the hotel and turned right. The procedure was completed because of the short green light. If I attempted a left turn, then I must wait a full signal light cycle.

Wed Feb 4: I drove on Monroe Street going home for the second time. I was surprised lots of cars on Monroe Street. I waited two signal light cycles to cross El Camino Real. The last time I drove on Monroe Street there were few cars. All commutes are different. Total drive home was 32 minutes. My default commute home is driving San Tomas Expressway on the left lane. No more Pete Caroll analysis.

Thur Feb 5: I ate breakfast at the cafeteria for the first time. I purchased a fried egg and a sausage patty for $3.50.

I experienced my first meeting nothing got done since I started working at the company. My engineer wanted to start phase 2 in the quality management project. The summary was nobody created an Argo type movie scenario. We needed to create test RMAs. The SAP database didn't allow anyone to create fake RMAs for testing.

Fri Feb 6: I finished fixing the Manufacturing and Manufacturing Part Number field errors I discovered yesterday. I discovered a work-around to keep the Analyst Completion Date. The date field sometimes disappeared when completing specific procedures. I began officially closing RMAs.

Mon Feb 9: No more 20 minutes commutes. The commute times increased to 25-30 minutes. I started leaving work at 8:40am. I changed my schedule from 8am-5pm to 9am-6pm because of my gym workouts. I gain one hour sleep waking up at 7am instead of 6am.

I learned my engineer has dyslexia which explains why he reads slowly.

Tue Feb 10: I overheard a conversation with my risk manager who I supported for one assignment she needed new workers with supply side experience. It appeared the contractor assigned to help her is leaving soon.

I was given a short project. I looked at defective fans for a server. I copied the serial numbers from the servers with 2.5 inch defective fans. I cross referenced the serial numbers to the RMAs in the SAP database.

Wed Feb 11: I found a new parking spot to maximize shade for the afternoons. I discovered the new parking spot after going out to lunch with a friend.

The sun shone on my cubicle at 5:07pm. I closed the blinds on the right side of the patio door instead of the left side.

Thur Feb 12: I found an Euro worth One Euro on the ground in the cafeteria. It must be from the group of visitors who sat in the table area.

I made an effort to stay awake and to stay busy throughout the afternoon passing time. I paced myself spending time checking my personal email to prevent mental fatigue.

Fri Feb 13: I broke routine listening to classical music the entire day instead of listening to podcasts in the morning and The Beatles in the afternoon. However, I listened to KNBR at 3pm.

Mon Feb 16: President's Day. The office was closed.

Tue Feb 17: Public schools were on vacation. I anticipated my commutes are lighter for the week. My engineer was frustrated one of the vendors submitted incomplete RMAs for me to enter. He said to wait for the RMAs with completed information to enter in the database.

My engineer asked me how long I finish entering RMAs. I hesitated. I thought in my mind he questioned my work ethics. He answered his question saying it takes minutes. I agreed. The correct answer is minutes with templates and automation.

I ate half of a sandwich from a leftover meeting with my lunch on my lunch hour. I was reminded my days at Cisco and Colliers eating leftovers from meetings; in particular, my last two months working at Building 10 working in Briefings Department.

Wed Feb 18: I saw an employee who worked in the third floor two times today. The first time was walking inside the building in the morning. The second time was going down to the first floor during my lunch hour. He walked to the open area for a smoke.

I ate a fruit from the coffee room for the first time. Fruit disappears fast. My fruit was an orange. The orange and a Pop Tart were my breakfast. I went to bed late last night because I prepared to mail my defective video card to EVGA. EVGA approved my RMA.

Speaking of RMA, my engineer told me when he worked at a hard drive company, the company approved all RMAs no questions asked. The reason was the hard drives were crap.

There was a photo booth set up at the open area first floor center of the building. I wonder what's going on. There were three stacks of release forms to show pictures on the company's intranet.

I learned something new in the entering RMA process. What happened when there are incorrect RMAs and serial numbers? My engineer introduced me to more co-workers while explaining how to solve the problem. My engineer was joking at me. My face must have looked serious, frightened, and confused. He was loosening me up and helping me relax. I didn't catch it the first time. I realized it hours later. I was concentrated learning on getting the correct RMAs and serial numbers.

My department held an all hands meeting on the top floor named Gravity from the movie "Gravity". The entire floor is a meeting room and training room. It was the first time I heard of the named floor.

I talked to the risk manager's assistant for the first time. She actually worked at the company since 2013. There was a period she worked somewhere else. She worked at the company's old headquarters. Her entire career was an executive assistant. Her contract ends April 30.

I reloaded the copier with paper.

Thur Feb 19: 15 minute commute to work. All green lights on the expressway. All red lights turning left from the expressway and on Mission College Boulevard. I choose more sleep instead of waking up early eating breakfast. I ate a bowl of cereal at home. I ate bread and almonds at my cubicle.

I made a mistake yesterday. I emailed RMAs requiring follow up to the incorrect vendor.

The sun stopped shining on my cubicle at 5:07pm.

The last two hours of the day was investigating why four RMAs were subjected to failure analysis for the second time. It was a continuation from yesterday's incorrect RMAs and serial numbers incident. I looked at Salesforce, read customer emails, read case comments, and follow the timeline. I was a detective putting the data together. My initial analysis concluded two of the four customers returned the incorrect server to the vendor and the other two returned the correct server which didn't require failure analysis. I continue researching tomorrow.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: