Saturday, February 28, 2015

Sharing My Useful Apps

I want to share some of my useful apps on my HTC One. Here they are.

Social Networking.I keep in touch with everyone. I use the official Facebook app. I use TweetCaster to access my Twitter. I have problems using the official Twitter app. I use Hangouts for my texting. LinkedIn is used for professional networking.

Gas Buddy. The app helps me find the cheapest gas in a location. I save my favorite gas stations I frequently visit. Points are awarded for people updating gas station prices. The points are used to enter contests to win free gasoline.

Calm Radio.If you don't mind listening to commercials for free music, then Calm Radio is a must app. Classical, acoustic, relaxation, music by country, jazz, and much more. Atmosphere music is available for paid members.

Stitcher. Listen to Podcasts in Android phones.

Twilight. According to the description, recent research suggests that exposure to blue light before sleep may distort your natural (circadian) rhythm and cause inability to fall asleep. The cause is the photoreceptor in your eyes, called Melanopsin. This receptor is sensitive to a narrow band of blue light in the 460-480nm range which may suppress Melatonin production - a hormone responsible for your healthy sleep-wake cycles.

The Twilight app makes your device screen adapt to the time of the day. It filters the flux of blue light emitted by your phone or tablet after sunset and protects your eyes with a soft and pleasant red filter. The filter intensity is smoothly adjusted to the sun cycle based on your local sunset and sunrise times.

I use the defaults when I turn on Twilight at night.

United States Postal Service (USPS). Find zip codes, nearby post offices, and calculate postage for packages.

SoundHound. Are you listening to a song you don't know the title? Activate the app. Use your phone's microphone to listen. SoundHound identifies the artist and title of the song.

Andro12C. I used the HP calculator in high school and college. I still remember using the Enter button.

Vivino.I was introduced to Vivino when I worked in a retail wine store. A must for wine lovers.

Yelp. Useful to read restaurant reviews including visiting a new city for the first time or interested in trying a restaurant for the first time.

Relax Melodies. Listen to sounds to help fall asleep. My favorite settings are wind, urban rain, and wind chimes.

AccuWeather. I like the RealFeel in the weather app. RealFeel tells the reader how the temperature really feels to the human. For instance, the actual weather temperature is 70 degrees, however, it feels 75 degrees.

Converter. Convert distance and volume from one unit of measurement to another unit of measurement.

Evernote. A must app. Evernote records notes like a yellow notepad. One advantage is Evernote can be accessed on any phone with the app, on a computer with the software installed, and on a web browser. I downloaded the software on my laptop. Free version is good for most people.

Knots 3D. Learn how to tie knots step by step and in 3D.

First Aid. Download the official Red Cross app to remind how to apply first aid to injured people.

Flashlight.A great emergency app when there's no light.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: