Monday, October 15, 2018

Counterintuitive To-Do List

I was inspired to write an opposite to-do list or an opposite checklist on Sun Oct 7. I was on my desk preparing to write what I must accomplish in the morning. I thought of the opposite idea. I experimented the opposite planner Sun Oct 7 to Sun Oct 14. It felt different writing down everything I accomplished instead of writing down everything to accomplish. The satisfactory feeling was no different writing down everything I accomplished and crossing out everything on my to-do list. There was no increase or decrease in motivation to complete my responsibilities. The following is my counterintuitive to-do list:

Sun Oct 7: Washed sheets, washed hiking hat, job searched, checked email, downloaded financial statements, cleaned desk, archived past blogs, prepared items to sell on eBay, paid DMV car registration, put hiking gear back in closet, uploaded a blog, and played Mahjong.

Mon Oct: 8 Self foot spa, learned Power Query, learned SQL, installed permanent light timer, job searched, checked email, shopped for books online, and cooked.

Tue Oct 9: Learned Power Query, learned Power Business Intelligence, job searched, checked email, archived past blogs, learned Power Pivot, cleaned hiking equipment, cooked, and wrote blogs.

Wed Oct 10: Learned SQL, cooked, job searched, checked email, archived past blogs, learned Python, and workout at the gym.

Thur Oct 11: Self foot spa, learned Power Query, learned Power Business Intelligence, shopped, cooked, checked email, job searched, and workout at the gym.

Fri Oct 12: Cleaned toilet, learned Power Query, learned SQL, cooked, job searched, checked email, learned Python, and workout at the gym.

Sat Oct: 13 Wrote a blog, read a book, cooked, watched an inning NLCS, read another book, uploaded two blogs, watched an inning ALCS, washed towels, and played Mahjong.

Sun Oct 14: Checked email, shopped, attended a gathering in Japantown-San Jose, CA, watched football, cooked, job searched, and uploaded a blog.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: