Saturday, March 09, 2019

2018 Year In Review. Three Consecutive Bad Years For The First Time in My Life.

Blogger's note: The 2018 Year In Review was supposed to be posted in early February. All 2019 days are excluded.

I give myself 30 days after Dec 31, 2018 to review 2018 accurately. The top reason I review my past year is I want to learn what I did wrong and to reinforce what I did correctly. Could I have done something different? What were the good choices? What were the bad choices? I select my 2018 Moment Of The Year first. There were highlights. I reflect my 2018 second.

2018 Moment Of The Year

Nominees: Consistent Gym Workouts; Discretionary Spending In Check; Joaquin Miller Park Hike; Learning And Refreshing Job Skills; Read Faster And Comprehension Improved; Upgrades, New *Fill In The Blank*, Replacements
Explanation: The only times I didn't workout at the gym were being sick. No earned income meant minimal splurges. I minimized spending on my favorites hobbies which included buying one board game a year, one backpacking item a year, and used books. Joaquin Miller Park hike is a long shot. I want to mention hiking is still one of my favorite hobbies. My never stop learning continued with SQL and Python one day and Power Query and Power Pivot another day alternating. I can't explain how my reading skills improved. And I combine new shoes, new desktop monitor, add mouthwash to my daily oral hygiene, new backpacking equipment, upgrade internet, new water pump and timing belt for my car, renewed passport, etc. for the upgrades, new *fill in the blank*, and replacements nominee.
What Won: Consistent Gym Workouts
What Should Have Won: Consistent Gym Workouts
My Thoughts Feb 2019: It's time to recognize physical workouts are important to live a healthy life. My workouts are part of the reason I'm sane during my long-term unemployment. If I was sick, then I didn't workout. Otherwise, I workout four days a week consisting of two days cardio and two days weights. Weekends are included. There were no other causes I missed a workout day.

Reflect 2018

Tue Dec 4, 2018 summarized 2018. I wanted to try Korean Fried Chicken for the first time. The restaurant closes on Tuesdays. Tuesdays?!? I understand Mondays. Tuesdays?!? 2018 too much bad luck. 2018 too much bad timing. 2018 too much missed opportunities. I elaborated 2018 in a blog titled First Time I Saw A Restaurant Close On Tuesdays.

There is good 2018 momentum for 2019; in particular, the Upgrades, New *Fill In The Blank*, Replacements nominee. All years were good when the prior year had momentum. Good 2004 is the exception because there was no 2003 momentum. There was 2014 momentum for a good 2015. There was no 2015 momentum for a bad 2016. There was no 2016 momentum for a bad 2017. There was no 2017 momentum for a bad 2018. I can argue 2018 momentum started in Apr when I changed toothpaste due to Angular Cheilitis.

2019 is a cautiously optimistic year. I keep my feeling good moments in check. How do I recover from three consecutive bad years? I answer the question in 2019.

2018 Letter Grade: C-

I started grading my years on Mon Aug 13, 2018 titled Grading My Past Years. I'm playing the teacher is a good mood who gives passing grades to students who try. I'm trying. I'm doing my best. I really am.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: