Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Gift Checkbooks

My parents purchased a book of gift checkbook for a fundraiser in the early 1980s. A gift checkbook contains discount coupons for local businesses such as restaurants, services, and entertainment. Today's discount coupons are online such as Groupon and LivingSocial. I remember when I was a child I looked at each coupon reading the business and their discount. I ignored all coupons except for Straw Hat Pizza. My parents used the Straw Hat Pizza coupon only. They ignored the rest of the coupons. Buying a gift checkbook was a waste of money. Why did my parents ignore the rest of the coupons? My answer is my parents lacked the courage and the interest to try something new. Also, my parents were too cheap. We could have saved money trying something new and eating something new.

No comments: