Friday, July 31, 2020

Ten Random Blogs Jul 2020

Here are ten random blogs in order of randomly chosen. The restriction is the blog dates Dec 31, 2018 and earlier. 2019 blogs are A Second Look blog in Dec 2020. I include a brief description and an update remark.

1. One, Two, Three (Feb 13, 2007). I blogged three topics. The first blog was visiting a friend's apartment for the first time. My friend and her husband at the time were sci-fi fans. I saw the biggest sci-fi collection in my life consisting of DVDs, figurines, board games, and books. I arrived home thinking about time and their sci-fi collection. If I spent more time on sci-fi and anime, then I had a bigger collection.

Update remark for the first blog: I'm happy and I'm fortunate my anime and sci-fi collection didn't reach my friend and her husband at the time biggest sci-fi collection. There is more to life than watching television. I retired from anime in Sep 2014. I sold 50% of my DVDs, 67% of my books, and 90% of my toys on eBay from 2015-2018 and at swap meets from 2008 to 2012. My time away from anime and sci-fi collection were spent wisely.

The second blog was all families have problems. My family had been consistently late to engagements. I compared my family's lateness problem to other family problems. Being late was not a family problem worth making a big deal.

Update remark for the second blog: My family continues to be late. Sometimes my family and I make a big deal. Sometimes my family and I don't make a big deal.

The third blog was keep our residence clean. It was hard to keep the house clean because my parents were hoarders. The minimum was organization. Maintain organization to maximize keeping the house as clean as possible.

Update remark for the third blog: My parents continue to be hoarders. I do my best to keep the house clean which is a challenge.

2. The Second Pics From My Smart Phone (Jun 29, 2012). I purchased my first smart phone in Jul 2011. I started to blog pics from my smart phone. Here's the second batch of pics.

Update remark: I continue to blog pics from my smart phone.

3. Another Batch Of Pics (Sep 13, 2012). Another blog with pics from my first smart phone.

Update remark: I continue to blog pics from my smart phone.

4. Accutane Day 236 (Sep 29, 2009). I started taking Accutane on Feb 5, 2009. The dermatologist said Accutane shrinks the oil glands to prevent acne and blackheads; however, I continued getting acne and blackheads. The dermatologist gave me an option to double to dosage from 20mg to 40mg for which he discouraged doubling. There was no timeline when I stopped taking Accutane.

Update remark: I eventually doubled my dosage because acne and blackheads continued. The dermatologist said there are cases patients undergo a second round of Accutane treatment. I may need another acne and blackhead treatment because marks on my face which disappeared after Accutane treatment are reappearing again.

5. Top Ten Moments Wearing My Braces (Sep 2, 2009). I blogged my top ten moments I wore braces from Jan 24, 2007 to Aug 17, 2009 totaling 936 days.

Update remark: Wearing braces helped me look handsome with a perfect smile. Nine of the top ten are in my Top 40 Most Memorable Moments written on Sep 27, 2016.

6. My Spirituality Discovery (Jan 11, 2015). I have two spiritual practices. The first practice is sleeping eight hours a night. The second practice is reading my personal bible once a week.

Update remark: I have a confession. I wrote a blog Why Do I Pray? on Aug 3, 2014. I answered I pray reading my personal bible once a week to remember the mistakes I made. Don't repeat my mistakes. My guess is I stopped praying once a week at the end of 2018. The result has been my productivity increased. The last two times I prayed was during the week of National Day Of Prayer in May 2019 and May 2020.

7. Life Goes On (Sep 23, 2017). I reminded myself and my readers the world didn't come to an end. Life moves forward for better or for worse.

Update remark: The blog applies to today's COVID-19 life.

8. A Full Week (Jan 12, 2006). I prepared to take a night class on how to write a business plan at De Anza College.

Update remark: I should have dropped the class. The class was a waste of time. Conversely, I dropped Beginning Japanese in Spring Quarter 2009 which was moment number two in my Top Ten Moments Wearing My Braces. Dropping Japanese didn't make my Top 40 Most Memorable Moments.

9. Go Get My Life (Jan 31, 2015). I remember one day as a senior in high school I was in the library with a classmate. I was depressed. I said, "I need a life." She said, "Then go get it." I understood the meaning decades later. Don't take life for granted. I'm lucky I discovered I must earn my successes. I'm lucky I discovered I must never stop learning.

Update remark: The classmate was a junior named Thanh. She played volleyball on the varsity team. She hung around the library with me during the lunch hours consistently. I wonder if she liked me.

Six days a week I'm doing my best to earn my successes. My personal projects are reviewing Excel and SQL; learning Python and Git; and learning life skills such as basic land navigation with a compass, Morse Code, and make paper airplanes. I exercise four or five days a week. I minimize eating processed foods. I read books, write blogs, and cook.

10. I Live To Reach The 90 Club (Jul 21, 2011). My grandmother on my dad's side was my oldest living grandparent. She died at 90 years old. Her mind was sharp at an old age. She didn't have Alzheimer's disease. Unfortunately, my grandfather on my dad's side died from Alzheimer's. I vow to keep my mind sharp to minimize my chances from getting Alzheimer's disease. I vow to keep my mind sharp to maximize my chances living at least 90 years old.

Update remark: I refer to the update remark at number 9 Go Get My Life. Use it or lose it. Use my brain or lose my brain. Use my knees and elbows or lose my knees and elbows; in other words, exercise. I'm not going to be an old fuck.

No comments: