Thursday, August 06, 2020

Shelter In-Place COVID-19 Blog July 2020

California issued shelter in-place orders on Tue Mar 17, 2020. I have been logging the highlights and lowlights. The Jul month slowed down compared to Jun. There were more bad moments than good moments. The pandemic daily life is unprecedented, uncharted, new, unknown, and untested.

Wed Jul 1. The State Of California rollbacked the state reopening. Outdoor bars and many indoor businesses closed for three weeks. Parking lots at state beaches closed. Beaches remained open.

Fri Jul 3. One of the two N95 mask straps broke while I drove.

Shopped at my local Target since Mar 14, 2020. One entrance opened. Second entrance closed. The fitness equipment aisle was sold-out. I tried to use a coupon for buy one, get one free Dove Body Wash. The coupon was invalid when the cashier scanned the coupon. I returned to Target minutes later to buy two Dove Body Wash bottles. I paid for the two body wash bottles at the self-checkout. The coupon was valid.

I headlight restored my dad's truck.

Local governments discouraged fireworks and gatherings for the Fourth Of July.

Sat Jul 4. Independence Day. Neighborhood fireworks went off in the evening and after midnight.

Sun Jul 5. Neighborhood fireworks continued in the evening.

Wed Jul 8. Removed dust from my desktop and laptop. Spot vacuumed main walk areas.

Thur Jul 9. I took a nap because last night was the worse sleep during the COVID-19 pandemic.

I shopped at Nob Hill in the evening. It was the first time since Mar 2020 I turned out my car's headlights. The supermarket disclosed temporary price increases for their meats. I purchased a Digiorno frozen pizza using a $1.00 manufacturer coupon on the box and purchased a box of It's It ice cream.

The main street through Nob Hill was repaved. It was the first time I drove on the main street repaved since Mar 2020.

Fri Jul 10. I watched MLS Is Back on ESPN Seattle Sounders Vs. San Jose Earthquakes at the 78th minute. It was my first sports event I watched during the COVID-19 pandemic. I heard the players speak.

Sun Jul 12. Another poor sleep. I woke up around 5:30am. I watched a sports replay Klay Thompson scored an NBA record 37 points in one quarter in 2015 against the Sacramento Kings.

Mild allergies with mild runny nose. I took a Zyrtec at 4:20pm.

Mon Jul 13. I took a Zyrtec at 4:30pm. The State Of California announced sweeping new closures because COVID-19 cases increases. All counties were ordered to close indoor operations including restaurants, wineries, movie theaters, fitness centers, worship centers, nail and hair salons, and barbershops. Bars and breweries were closed indoors and outdoors.

The State Of California announced 329,000 cases and 7,000 deaths.

Sat Jul 18. Minor injuries during the week. Lower back pain for half of a day. The left side of my body on my waist hurt for two days. A dental floss cut on my gum lower left. Gum irritation on my gum lower middle.

Tue Jul 21. All books in my library are read. My next book is a re-read.

Wed Jul 22. Spot vacuumed upstairs and the family room.

Thur Jul 23. Purchased Colgate toothpaste from a Target promotion.

Multiple aisles and multiple inventory shelves at Costco were empty. I saw five delivery trucks. They must be new inventory.

Gas prices increased.

Multiple news media reported California is the highest number of COVID-19 cases surpassing New York in the United States.

Watched my first MLB baseball game of the 2020 season. I listened to the San Francisco Giants at Los Angeles Dodgers on KNBR 680 from the fifth inning to the eighth inning. Then I watched the baseball game on ESPN from the eighth inning to the ninth inning.

Fri Jul 24. I took a nap because I was fatigued. The daily temperature was under 80 degrees which was the first time in three weeks.

Mon Jul 27. I backed up my files on my desktop and laptop. I jogged for the first time during COVID-19. I jogged for one mile in the neighborhood practicing social distancing.

Wed Jul 29. Ordered take out at Mizu Restaurant. It was the first time we ate at the Japanese restaurant.

The United States deaths were 150,034 which led globally.

I took a diarrhea pill.

Thur Jul 30. Multiple aisles and multiple inventory shelves at Costco were empty. I continued shopping at Costco during the first hour of opening.

Road construction at one entrance backed up traffic like a normal weekday afternoon. The same entrance was closed for exiting later.

I slept poorly sleep last night.

Fri Jul 31. Shopped at Safeway, Target, and Lucky. Target issued limits on selected household paper products, over the counter drugs, soaps, and all hand sanitizers. Registers didn't enforce limits.

Update On A Past Blog

I add more answers to the question Why Do I Write Blogs? on Dec 29, 2013. My initial answers included sharing my thoughts, sharing my opinions, and keeping my writing skills sharp.

Another initial answer was documenting my life as I improve my life. I want to elaborate. My documentation includes my maturity and my fortunate changes for the better. My past blogs I took life for granted. I was naive. I was an idiot. I was weak. I complained. I was arrogant. I didn't practice what I preached.

I'm not a psychologist. There are two types of depression. There is normal depression and there is chronic depression. A normal depression is a crabby day. Nothing went as planned. There was no flow. Bad luck. Bad timing. Feeling dreadful was short. No excuses. Desire and motivation remain strong.

A chronic depression is a person feels better without solving personal problems. The person doesn't solve problems. The person feels better forgetting personal problems. The person smiles when there is sympathy solicited or unsolicited. The unsolved personal problems cause depression again. There are excuses. There is no motivation. The rest is temporary. The recovery is incomplete.

Motivation is more important than knowledge. I'm cured from chronic depression. My blogs document the permanent recovery. I make intelligent mistakes. I don't live the past. The recovery deal is a person solves problems when he or she feels better.

No comments: