Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Shelter In-Place COVID-19 Blog 2

California issued shelter in-place orders on Tue Mar 17, 2020. I have been logging the highlights and lowlights. Jun was the fastest month in 2020 with two fast weeks. The pandemic daily life is unprecedented, uncharted, new, unknown, and untested. Here's the second blog.

Wed Jun 3. I took a SQL test online for a first round data analyst job interview.

Fri Jun 5. Santa Clara County announced Phase 2b.

Sun Jun 7. My mom gave me a haircut.

Mon Jun 8. I removed dust from my desktop computer and my laptop.

Tue Jun 9. Shopped at Costco. Limit 2 poultry; otherwise, no limits on other meats. No limits on eggs. A Costco worker fills up sodas for the customers. The soda fountains are blocked off from customers going to and from the soda fountains.

Wed Jun 10. The Lucky stored was closed for sanitizing on Tue Jun 9. One employee tested positive for COVID-19. His last shift was Sat Jun 6.

Fri Jun 12. Fast week. My parents purchased yeast.

Mon Jun 15. Day 90. Picked up my compass I purchased online during REI's Anniversary Sale at my local REI store. Store was dead. Arrows were printed on the floor directing customers which way to walk. There were more employees than customers.

Picked up chicken fried steak breakfasts at Holder's restaurant. The restaurant set up outdoor tents for outdoor seating.

Tue Jun 16. Shopped at Costco during the opening hour. Minimum crowds. Poultry limits removed. Paper products, disinfectant, Lysol, and hand sanitizers limits remained.

Lucky supermarket restricted area for employees only next to entrance removed. I might consider shopping in the mornings for less customers.

Wed Jun 17. Earthquake. One second quick jolt. Magnitude 3.6.

Thur Jun 18. California governor issued Executive Order all people must wear masks in public.

Fri Jun 19. Fastest week in 2020. Added Dave Ross Commentary to my podcast list.

Sun Jun 21. Happy Father's Day. Ripped old CDs to .flac. Practiced basic land navigation with a compass.

Mon Jun 22. Home mini gym #2 workout 1 set with 20 reps due to lack of time.

Tue Jun 23. Turn back the clock. Played chess online. Visited chess.com for the first time.

Record 6,498 new infections in a day in CA. 4,095 COVID-19 patients in hospitals. Sat Jun 13 3,092 COVID-19 patients in hospitals.

Wed Jun 24. Ordered take out at Sam's Bar-B-Que for the first time. Home mini gym #2 workout 2 sets with 14 reps each.

Thur Jun 25. Day 100. Arrived at Costco at 9:35am. Easy to move around. Small number of customers at check out. City traffic was like a Sun morning.

Sat Jun 27. Played Final Fantasy VI video game for the first time.

Sun Jun 28. Dad troubleshooted my mom's car battery draining. I headlight restored my car and my mom's car.

Mon Jun 29. Caught up on emails.

No comments: