Sunday, June 28, 2020

My Self-Help Books Recommendations

Most self-help books are the same self-help ideas. Most self-help books advice are life cliques explained differently or disguised differently. Sometimes the simple solutions are the worse solutions. If you understand quickly, then it's probably bad advice.

I read self-help books. I donated most of my self-help books. My different thinking self-help books recommendations are fiction books. I was a lost soul from Aug 2008 to Sep 2008. I started to read fiction books in Oct 2008. My life started to improve. Regardless, here are my recommendations which I still own on my book shelf. All recommendations are in alphabetical order.

The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey. Discover core habits. Practice, practice, practice the habits.

Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus by John Gray. I read the first edition. I believe there are updated editions. Some concepts are outdated because values, attitudes, and knowledge change, shift, and correct. There are new opinions. There are new lessons. The core never changes.

Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson. Life changes. Everyone changes. Everything changes. A person can control change. A person can't control change.

Outside The Self-Help Books

I recommend the following books not considered self-help. These two books are priority over the three books above on my self-help recommendations.

Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. The book explains why some people succeed and some people don't succeed.

Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. The late Steve Jobs changed the world. Learn who the genius was. He had strengths. He had weaknesses. He had success. He made mistakes. He wasn't perfect. He was human just like you and me.

Update On A Past Blog

The last four sentences in Beethoven Practiced Eight Hours A Daywere the following: "Hard work, practice, dedication, learning from your mistakes, and practice are keys to success, keys to be great. And when you're good, then get better and better. Never stop innovating. Innovate infinitely." I wrote the blog on Aug 13, 2009. Don't ask me why I'm actually doing the last four sentences years later.

The update is a personal checkpoint. I approve the checkpoint. The job training continues indefinitely six days a week. My subjects are Excel, SQL, Git, Linux, Power BI, Python, JSON, and Sublime Text. The job training includes practicing, learning new concepts, and reviewing. Use it or lose it. My non-career related personal projects include learning rope knots, learning Morse Code, learning how to use a compass and map for land navigation, and making paper airplanes. I workout physically four or five days a week. I read books. I look forward to new job training subjects and new non-career related personal projects when I complete any existing subjects and projects.

No comments: