Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Shelter In-Place COVID-19 Blog 1

California issued shelter in-place (SIP) orders starting on Tue Mar 17, 2020. I have been logging the highlights and lowlights. The daily life has been slowing down. The pandemic daily life is unprecedented, uncharted, new, unknown, and untested. On the other hand, I realize I wrote 3.5 pages as if SIP was yesterday. Here's the first blog.

Tue Mar 17. I made homemade bread in the breadmaker. I broiled water on the stovetop instead of buying bottle water in the markets. I adapt the drink broil water lifestyle from my grandparents.

Wed Mar 18. Removed dust from the ceiling fan. I worked out at home with my mini gym. I purchased a 45 pound weight plate, a 25 pound weight plate, and a fitness mat on Mon Mar 16.

Thur Mar 19. Mom took advantage of the DMV short lines applying for a Real ID.

Fri Mar 20. Second day no mail. Watched Hot Fuzz movie working out on my dad's stationary cycle. I didn't like watching the movie and cycling together.

Sat Mar 21. My package from Target arrived five days late.

Sun Mar 22. A daily log: sewed a button, folded paper airplanes, learned the shear lashing, wrote a blog, checked email, reviewed rope knots, researched stocks, read Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling Year 7, watched Gigi movie, and ate leftovers.

Mon Mar 23. I made a baking mistake adding one tablespoon of salt. One teaspoon of salt was correct.

Tue Mar 24. Day 7. I backed up all my data from my new desktop PC for the first time.

Wed Mar 25. I ate a TOGO's pastrami sandwich.

Thur Mar 26. Replaced leaking tank on the toilet. Cleaned all toilets in the household.

Fri Mar 27. Day 10. First time shopping. I shopped at Nob Hill and Safeway. The media overblown on out of stock groceries. There were limits on basics, toilet paper, chicken, and flour. Most people complied with purchasing limits, following social distancing, and wearing face masks. The good people outnumbered the assholes. My mom was sick. Concerned.

Sat Mar 28. Dad found an old chair to replace the broken computer chair dad purchased decades ago.

Sun Mar 29. I shaved with a new razor blade. Dad was sick. Mom and dad's symptoms were common cold.

Mon Mar 30. I adapted a second mini gym workout plan.

Tue Mar 31. The March month felt slow.

Wed Apr 1. Shopped at Costco. Line in the front entrance. 50 people entered the store after 50 people exited the store. Limits on poultry purchase. The front entrance was stocked with fruits and allergy medication. Retailers either published ads with fewer goods on sale or published no ads with sales. Cashier acrylic shields installed at Costco, CVS, Nob Hill, Safeway, Lucky, and the post office.

Thur Apr 2. The day went by the fastest since SIP.

Sat Apr 4. Rained for the first time during SIP.

Sun Apr 5. Researched transplant shock for indoor plants.

Mon Apr 6. Mopped floors. Revised and updated my book wish list.

Tue Apr 7. Removed dust from my desktop PC. Spot vacuumed.

Wed Apr 8. Shopped at Costco. Children's books stocked at the front entrance. Food court sold hot dogs, pepperoni pizza, cheese pizza, and soda. Seating area closed. Few customers shopped at Lyon Supermarket. All the Asians except one wore face masks. Roads very light traffic for an afternoon commute. All parking lots almost empty.

Thur Apr 9. Mental fatigue. Took an afternoon nap. Slept earlier. Spent half of the time job training.

Fri Apr 10. I realized today was Good Friday in the afternoon.

Sat Apr 11. Completed a 911 campaign. I backed the 911 video game years ago on Kickstarter.

Mon Apr 13. I gave away free fabric markers on Nextdoor. I posted the free items around Feb 27. I received multiple requests to acquire the markers starting on Fri Apr 10.

Tue Apr 14. Updated all hardware drivers for my desktop PC. Mom gave me a haircut.

Wed Apr 15. Mom's car dead battery. Dad charged the battery. I shopped at Costco and Lucky. Longest wait at the Costco front entrance. Protein shakes were at the front entrance.

Thur Apr 16. Day 30. More shopping. Dad drove mom's car. I purchased apples and bread flour at Smart & Final. One cashier working most of the time I was in line. Completed ATM banking at Bank Of America instead of entering the bank. Bank Of America opened at 10am instead of 9am. One way aisles at Safeway. I purchased bread and milk.

Mon Apr 20. Lucky sold another brand of chicken. My guess was chicken initially destined for restaurants. I waited ten seconds to enter Costco. The seating area in the food court was replaced with cashiers. Chicken bake was available. Chicken purchase limit was removed. Monday Costco shopping low grocery supply.

Minor back pain. I took Advil.

I sprayed tire protectant on my tires.

Tue Apr 21. Replaced winter windshield wipers for summer windshield wipers.

Wed Apr 22. More inventory at Costco. No line at the entrance. There should had been. Too many customers inside.

My parents rescued a lost cockatiel. The owner retrieved her cockatiel following social distancing.

Thur Apr 23. Dad improved the 5.1 surround sound.

Fri Apr 24. Mailed letter at the post office. Purchased a chuck roast at Nob Hill. Flour in stock. Drove on the freeway. Updated my resume.

Sat Apr 25. Dad fixed a tiny leak to the outdoor faucet kitchen side. Dad also fixed a tiny toilet leak.

Mon Apr 27. I changed my workout schedule alternating five days working out a week and four days working out a week. The night was the warmest in 2020.

Wed Apr 29. Updated my webpage Innovate Infinitely.

Thur Apr 30. Dad and I shopped for groceries. Dad shopped at Lyon. I shopped at Costco. No line at the entrance. Too many people inside. Limit 3 for beef, pork, and poultry combined. Cashiers at food court moved to front of main cashier row.

Lesson learned. There is a difference between salmon and steele fish.

Sat May 2. Mailed letter at the post office. Purchased a half gallon of milk at Safeway. Limit 2 dairy items per customer. Too many people shopping inside.

Sun May 3. Added more music CDs to my smartphone.

Mon May 4. Watched Steve Jobs at the D8 conference in 2010 YouTube video. Read my personal bible.

Tue May 5. Read and reminded myself my personal notebook The Green Steno Notebook from latest to earliest. I had diarrhea.

Wed May 6. Ate pizza from A Slice Of New York. The typical weekday traffic on the street along A Slice Of New York traffic was dead. The traffic was like a weekend late night. Most stores were closed.

I backed up my desktop PC files.

Fri May 8. First day temperatures above 90 degrees in 2020. The entrance lines were long at Costco and Lyon. The Costco cashiers were spread out. Lucky market all meats except chicken on sale were sold out.

Sat May 9. Made oven french fries because the potatoes were old. Spent additional time learning Python web scraping. Watched YouTube videos on car brakes.

Sun May 10. Happy Mother's Day.

Tue May 12. Installed Ubuntu 20.14 LTS.

Wed May 13. Replaced disposable cups with tiny sauce cups to rinse my mouth with mouthwash.

Thur May 14. Mopped kitchen and entrance floors. Minor cut on my left foot.

Sat May 16. Day 60. Updated my resume. Mental fatigue due to poor meals. I ate dinner late. Cancelled workout. I relaxed watching YouTube videos.

Sun May 17. No more eating oatmeal. I began tying my shoes with the surgeon's knot. Cleaned and removed dust off all my boots. Began learning land navigation with a compass.

Mon May 18. Steak and salmon in stock at Lucky. Flour was also in stock.

Tue May 19. Watched part of a Prince concert on YouTube titled Prince & The Revolution: Live.

Wed May 20. Ate Chinese food at Blue Sky Restaurant for the first time. I had diarrhea from last night's spoiled bok choy. The junk phone calls were back.

Thur May 21. No lines at the Costco entrance. On the other hand, the lines at the cashier were back. All customers followed social distancing. It appeared Costco perfected the plan people wait at the cashier lines instead of waiting at the front entrance.

Fri May 22. Allergy attack in the morning consisted of sneezing and runny nose. Phase 2 began in Santa Clara County.

Mon May 25. First heat wave in 2020.

Tue May 26. Purchased salmon at Lucky. Purchased Coke 12-pack cans and Tillamook ice cream at Safeway. Filled my car with gas. First night I slept with windows fully opened.

Fri May 29. Drained hot water heater in garage to remove sentiment.

Sun May 31. City Of San Jose imposed a curfew from 8:30pm to 5am starting today and ending either Sun Jun 7 or further notice due to the George Floyd protests. The reason was the violent protests.

Mon Jun 1. Mailed a letter at the post office. Shopped at Nob Hill and Lucky. The lines at the cashiers were long at both supermarkets. My guess was shoppers shopped earlier than usual because of the curfew. Vacuumed the house. Revised self job training schedule.

No comments: