Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Did My Family Used Up All The Family Luck?

If I judge my family on my mother's side and on my father's side our present generations overall success, then my answer is below par. I speak in general terms. Maybe my mother, my father, my uncles, my aunts, and my older cousins are too successful all of them fail to teach my brother, my sister, their children, and my present generation cousins how to be successful. They are too busy being successful they forgot to teach their sons and daughters. All of the family luck is used for their successes. Some of their successes include higher college education, businesses, and above average intelligence.

Our present generation also include higher college education, businesses, and above average intelligence. However, most of us have been struggling. COVID-19 may reveal many problems. It's harder to fake anything during a pandemic. There are more setbacks. There are more frustrations. There are more mistakes for which most of us have not learn. Opportunities are fewer. I fear the future is bleak for the future generation.

Any luck I earned was used up on Apr 2017. I was diagnosed with Acute Gallstone Pancreatitis. I required two back-to-back surgeries. The first surgery was Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography which removed gallstones. The second surgery was Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy which removed my gallbladder. I have been down on my luck since Apr 2017. The bad luck includes the little things such as more red lights at signaled intersections, out of stock items in a store, and "are you kidding me" events. The bad luck includes the big things such as not getting the job due to an eleventh-hour decision and too many recruiters bothering me for jobs unrelated to my profession. I should buy a lucky charm. Or I should curse myself to increase my chances of earning good luck.

No comments: