Sunday, January 03, 2021

Shelter In-Place COVID-19 Blog December 2020

California issued shelter in-place orders on Tue Mar 17, 2020. I have been logging the highlights and lowlights. December was the second consecutive fastest month for me. The year ended at lightning speed. A second COVID-19 strain was identified in Great Britain and in the United States. Vaccines are administered. Governments issued stricter stay-at-home restrictions to decrease the infection rate which increased in Nov.

Wed Dec 2. 15,000 CA new cases in a single day which was a record.

Thur Dec 3. I mailed a package and a letter. There was no line inside the post office. I purchased stamps. Few customers shopped at my nearest Safeway. There were limits on essential paper products and hand sanitizers. There were no lines at The Home Depot entrance.

Fri Dec 4. Governor Gavin Newsom issued regional stay-at-home orders. The state is divided into five regions. The regional stay-at-home orders is initiated when a region's ICU capacity is below 15%. The regional stay-at-home orders is the same orders Newsom issued on the first day of stay-at-home orders on Tue Mar 17. The regional stay-at-home orders takes precedence over the CA four color tier COVID-19 Economic Status.

The regional stay-at-home orders highlights are the following: no outdoor dining; restaurant take-out and delivery only; salons, barbershops, playgrounds, museums, theaters, live sports, and family entertainments centers are closed; worship and religious services are outdoors. Retail stores open at 20% capacity. Grocery stores open at 50% capacity. The time duration minimum is three weeks.

CA received 263,600 Pfizer vaccine doses as early as Dec 15 pending FDA approval. There is a three tier priority group. CA is divided into six regions to deliver the vaccine.

3,100 USA deaths in a single day which was a record.

Sat Dec 5. Five Bay Area Counties and the City Of Berkeley announced early adaption of the regional stay-at-home orders. Santa Clara County started on Sun Dec 6 at 10pm. All residents in Santa Clara County who traveled 150 miles and greater must quarantine for 14 days.

Spare The Air alert issued.

Mon Dec 7. I picked up my online order at Walgreens. The line at my post office extended outside the parking lot. I donated books at Goodwill. I watched the Buffalo Bills at San Francisco 49ers playing in Arizona starting at the 9:00 in the 3rd quarter.

30,000 CA new cases in a single day which was a record.

Red Flag warning issued.

Tue Dec 8. High temperature 74 degrees.

Wed Dec 9. I had trouble sleeping last night because my room was too hot.

Fri Dec 11. FDA approves the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.

Rainy day. I shopped at Target to purchase bare necessities using my Target Circle 10% anniversary coupon.

Sat Dec 12. I watched Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban. I watched the USC at UCLA football game at the 8:00 in the 4th quarter.

Mon Dec 14. The Electoral College voted Joe Biden the next President Of The United States.

Tue Dec 15. I drove in the dark for the second time since the pandemic. I went to the post office, Target, Game Kastle, and Lucky. The mall with Target and Game Kastle was dead.

Pfizer vaccine administered in the USA.

Wed Dec 16. I disposed electronic equipment, dead batteries, and expired medications at the county hazardous waste disposal. I shopped at Bed Bath & Beyond. I reorganized my car's trunk removing most emergencies equipment because I have not been traveling.

Thur Dec 17. All Bay Area counties in CA regional stay-at-home orders. 50,000 CA new cases in a single day which was a record.

First heavy rain day.

Fri Dec 18. FDA approved Moderna vaccine. San Francisco announced ten day quarantine for people who traveled over 150 miles outside San Francisco.

Sat Dec 19. I watched Boise State at San Jose State Mountain West Conference Championship game. I watched Florida vs. Alabama SEC Conference Championship game at the 8:00 in the 4th quarter.

Mon Dec 21. A new COVID-19 strain identified for the first time located in London. United Kingdom in lockdown. Santa Clara County extended county lockdown to Jan 8, 2021.

Tue Dec 22. My brother visited for half a day. Everyone followed social distancing guidelines.

Wed Dec 23. Ran errands at Safeway, Chase Bank, and Tony & Alba's to purchase fresh sourdough bread. There was a car line to the Honeybaked store 0.25 miles long. The malls around Safeway and Chase Bank were almost a ghost town. A fitness gym equipment store at the strip mall where Tony & Alba's restaurant is located went out of business.

CA first state to total 2,000,000 COVID-19 cases in the USA. Total CA ICU beds available was 1.1%.

Fri Dec 25. Merry Christmas. We watched Wonder Woman 1984.

Sun Dec 27. President Donald Trump signed $900B pandemic relief and $1.4T to fund government agencies to Sep 2021 bills.

Tue Dec 29. The new COVID-19 strain identified in the USA for the first time located in Colorado.

Wed Dec 30. The new COVID-19 strain identified in CA for the first time located in San Diego.

Thur Dec 31. San Francisco extended stay-at-home orders indefinitely.

No comments: