Saturday, January 09, 2021

A 46 Year Old Mind And Spirit Inside A 13 Year Old Body

I dreamed last night my adult mind and adult spirit was inside a preteen boy. Warped to the past. Transferred to the past. Reincarnated to the past. Transported to another universe. Slid to another dimension. Traveled permanently to another world. The reader can make up any verb.

I was in eighth grade at my actual same junior high school. The class was physical education (PE). The PE teachers combined the boys and girls for co-ed basketball. The class was held in the cafeteria which was also the gym. The boys and girls lined up. The coaches randomly assigned the boys and girls to teams. I maintained my mind and spirit as a 46 year old on planet Earth on January 9, 2021 throughout the team selection. I asked myself in the back of my head, "What's going on here? Why am I back in junior high?" I reminded myself I know Steph Curry and the Golden State Warriors, Michael Jordan and the Chicago Bulls, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar being the NBA's all-time scoring leader.

I was selected in team #3. My team played poorly. We didn't play as a team. We were confused. Nobody knew how to play basketball. I took charge. I became like Draymond Green of the Warriors. I directed my team to play offense and play defense. I played like Curry shooting long range shots and passing to open players.

I became popular during the lunch hour. I went to the outdoor basketball courts after I ate lunch at the benches. I talked with my classmates on random topics. Students came up to me asking how to play basketball. Two particular students thanked me and bowed to me as if I'm their grandfather.

My philosophical question is the following: Are genius people geniuses being possessed from another person's mind and spirit? Any person with past knowledge and past experience has an advantage.

No comments: