Tuesday, February 08, 2022

I Solved My First Sudoku 5,972 Days Later

Today's blog is an update on a past blog.

Update On A Past Blog

I blogged I'm Tired Today Because I Tried Sudoku on Sep 28, 2005 when I played Sudoku for the first time on Sep 27, 2005. I played the game from after dinner to 2:30am. I read the instructions which were easy to understand. I was half awake the next day at work.

There was no rational explanation why I couldn't solve the puzzle. I couldn't assign the numbers from one to nine for each of the nine rows, nine columns, and nine 3x3 grids. Maybe it was an intermediate puzzle level. Maybe it was a bad idea learning a new game before going to sleep. Maybe I failed to understand the suggestions for beginners.

I played Sudoku on Wed Feb 2, 2022 after seeing the puzzle in a Python book. I read the instructions. I played online at Sudoku.com. I selected the Easy difficulty. I solved the first puzzle which appeared. The screenshots are above. I played a few more games. I downloaded Microsoft Sudoku on my desktop. I solved easy level and medium level. The game is addicting. I stopped playing the game on Sat Feb 5 because of more important priorities.

No comments: