Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Instant Bullets Blog Feb 15, 2022

*Mulligan Stew Four Basic Food Groups. I learned the four basic food groups from the children education TV series Mulligan Stew. Mulligan Stew promoted the United States Department Of Agriculture (USDA) nutrition guidelines 4-4-3-2. The four basic food groups were milk, meat, fruits and vegetables, and breads and cereals. Mulligan Stew taught children to eat 4 fruits and vegetables, 4 breads and cereals, 3 milk, and 2 meats. The USDA replaced the four basic food groups with the food pyramid in the 1990s. Wiki Mulligan Stew TV Series. Wiki History of USDA nutrition guidelines.

*Does The Term "Aggressively Conservative" Exist? Usually aggressive means go for it. Go for the big win. Take a chance to go up. Conversely speaking, can we be conservative aggressively? Extra cautions. Slow down to a crawl. I call them aggressively conservative.

*An Illustration Expectations Are Too High. The new head coach expectations are as high as the sky the coach needs five wins in four games to impress the bosses.

*The Garden of Earthly Delights. Hieronymus Bosch painted the picture. There are multiple interpretations including indulgences, avoid temptations, and sexual joy. Wiki The Garden of Earthly Delights.

*The Breakfast Club (1985) Movie Favorite Scene. I'm in the smallest minority my favorite scene is the conversation between the principal and the janitor. Quotes are below:

Principal Richard Vernon: What did you wanna be when you were young?
Janitor Carl: When I was a kid, I wanted to be John Lennon.
Vernon: Carl, don't be a goof. I'm trying to make a serious point here. Carl, I've been teaching for 22 years. And each year, these kids get more and more arrogant.
Carl: Oh, bullshit, man. Come on, Vern. The kids haven't changed, you have.
Vernon: (sigh)
Carl: You took a teaching position 'cause you thought it'd be fun, right? Thought you could have summer vacations off. And then you found out it was actually work. That really bummed you out.
Vernon: These kids turned on me. They think I'm a big fucking joke.
Carl: Come on. Listen, Vern. If you were 16, what would you think of you, huh?
Vernon: Hey, Carl, you think I give one rat's ass what these kids think of me?
Carl: Yes, I do.
Vernon: You think about this. When you get old, these kids . . . when I get old, they're gonna be running the country.
Carl: Yeah.
Vernon: Now this is the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night. When I get older, these kids are gonna take care of me.
Carl: I wouldn't count on it.

*Physics 60 Professor Marvin Morris. I enrolled in Physics 60 Introduction To Physics while I attended San Jose State University. The first day of class Professor Morris told the class if you can't pass the class, then change your major. The classroom was silent for seconds.

*Teens Latest And Greatest. I asked my niece and nephew what is popular and what is not popular for high school teens and junior high teens. I admit the sample size is small. Their answers may not apply to the reader's city. Anime, video games, Star Wars, and Marvel are popular. Board games, Harry Potter, music, and Family Guy are not popular.

*Netflix's Cowboy Bebop Failed. The Japanese anime Cowboy Bebop is considered a classic. Cowboy Bebop is one of my all-time favorite anime series. The Netflix version failed Netflix cancelled it after one season. My intuition tells me Netflix revised the original anime because there is a generation gap from the 1990s and today. Netflix executives changed the series because it's from anime to live action. Netflix Americanized the Japanese Cowboy Bebop. I give credit to my niece for my opinion.

*Immediate Firing. The San Jose Sharks released winger Evander Kane on unconditional wavers. The Sharks organization plans to terminate his contract for violating COVID-19 protocols. My response is why did the Sharks take additional years to remove Kane from the team. The Sharks and Kane have not gotten along for multiple seasons. My general question is why organizations take too long to remove bad people? Why does a group of people keep a bad person or bad people for which they must be removed past due?

*Good Websites. Take a look at the following websites: This Person Does Not Exist create pictures of people who don't exist, Documentaries watch documentaries on your browser, and myNoise listen to music on your browser.

*Love Chair. The love chair was invented by the Soubrier furniture manufacturer. The chair helped British King Edward VII have sex. Wiki Love Chair. Reddit King Edward VII had a custom made "love chair".

*Dysentery. You don't want to get bacterial diarrhea which is bloody diarrhea. The symptoms are fever, abdominal pain, and incomplete defecation. Causes include contaminated food and contaminated water with feces.

*Two Identification Tags On Your Airline Luggage. Airline passengers should include two tags for each checked-in luggage. The first tag is on the outside. The second tag is on the inside. Outside tags can come off. Airlines open lost luggage if there's no outside tag to return lost luggage to passengers.

*Thelma & Louise Movie Favorite Quotes. Quotes are below:

Louise: Thelma, listen up, now. If you even think he knows, I mean, even if you're not sure, I want you to hang up, you understand?
Thelma: [dials the number]
Darryl: [exchanges looks with police, then answers phone] Hello.
Thelma: Darryl, it's me.
Darryl: [with forced cheer] Thelma, hello!
Thelma: [hangs up] He knows.

Max: You know, the one thing I can't figure out is whether these girls are real smart or just real, real lucky?
Hal: Don't matter. Brains'll only get you so far and luck always runs out.

[Thelma ordering the state trooper to enter the trunk of his patrol car at gunpoint.]
State Trooper: [sobbing] Please! I have a wife and kids. Please!
Thelma: You do? Well, you're lucky. You be sweet to 'em, especially your wife. My husband wasn't sweet to me. Look how I turned out.

*San Francisco 49ers at Los Angeles Rams 2021 NFC Championship Game. The 49ers should have gone for it on 4th and 2 on the Rams 45 yard line after a failed second challenge by the Rams with 10:01 remaining in the 4th Quarter. The score was 17-14 49ers. The Rams had no timeouts and no challenges for the rest of the game. The second challenge was a free timeout for 49ers Head Coach Kyle Shanahan for which he could have drawn up a play. "No risk it, no biscuit," said Tampa Bay Buccaneers Head Coach Bruce Arians.

Or Shanahan could say, "Fuck it--let's go do it" which was what John Lennon said to The Beatles when they were indecisive minutes before the rooftop concert on Jan 30, 1969 at the Apple building on Savile Row in London.

*Congratulations to the Los Angeles Rams for winning Super Bowl LVI in the 2021 NFL season. The Rams is an example of going all-in, YOLOing, the present is now, and shoving all the chips in the middle of the table. The bold moves began years ago. The Rams traded their 2020 first-round draft pick, 2021 first-round draft pick, and a 2021 fourth-round draft pick to the Jacksonville Jaguars for cornerback Jalen Ramsey in Oct 2019; traded quarterback Jared Goff, 2022 first-round draft pick, 2023 first-round draft pick, and a 2021 third-round draft pick to the Detroit Lions for quarterback Matthew Stafford in Jan 2021; and traded their 2022 second-round draft pick and 2022 third-round draft picks to the Denver Broncos for Super Bowl L MVP defensive end Von Miller on Nov 1, 2021. The Rams signed wide receiver Odell Beckham, Jr. to a one-year contract after being released from the Cleveland Browns on Nov 11, 2021.

In addition, the Rams either won with the best or lost with the best. The Cincinnati Bengals doubled covered Super Bowl LVI MVP wide receiver Cooper Kupp multiple times during the Rams' game leading drive. Kupp caught four passes for 39 yards including his second touchdown of the game and ran for 7 yards for a critical first down.

Defense wins games. Defensive tackle Aaron Donald sealed the Rams' victory on the Bengals final drive third down play and fourth down play preventing the Bengals getting the next first down.

Rams head coach Sean McVay is the youngest head coach to win a Super Bowl at age 36. Credit Rams ownership lead by Stan Kroenke for the bold hiring in 2017 when McVay was 30 at the time of hire.

*misassembled: to put the parts of something together in an incorrect manner; to assemble wrongly

Update On A Past Blog

Here is another thought for My Second Company I Worked Moved Closer To Downtown blog I wrote on Jan 30, 2022. *Everyone is winners in an up market. I remember a conversation with a broker during the dot-com recession. He said anyone can make their yearly sales targets in a market where rents skyrockets. I reword in my words, "Any bozo can make money when the economy is up. Sales, profits, investments, commissions, and interest payments."

No comments: