Sunday, August 07, 2022

These Young People Are False Losers

The second part of the dream I was outside the biggest restaurant. I walked around the food court. I walked towards a section with big square tables. A past friend recognized my presence. He was with his group of friends playing poker with UNO cards. I walked to him. We conversed updating our current lifestyle. I ended the conversation quickly because I didn't want to tell him I was long-term unemployed. He asked for a request before I turned around. The request was he wanted me to call him the next time I'm free. I was surprised with the request because my past friend was the smarter person between the two of us. Something must have happened in a negative way.

Maybe I'm making up the following post-dream. The small food court dream happened between 11am and 1pm on a weekday. All of the people were young men in their 20s. All of them graduated from high school. All of them were either college students or college graduates. All of them were either underemployed or unemployed. The underemployed were significantly underemployed; for example, retail jobs, data entry, customer service, and mind-numbing positions an employee with a high school education can complete. None of the young men were lazy. None of the young men were criminals. All of the young men were passing time. There were no opportunities to match their capabilities. There were no breaks. They were down on their luck. What could the good young men do?

Update On A Past Blog

67 year Brooklyn Dodgers and Los Angeles Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully past away on Tue Aug 2, 2022 at the age of 94. I posted a Mercury News newspaper pic of Scully with the San Francisco Giants broadcasters Duane Kuiper, Mike Krukow, Jon Miller, and Dave Flemming from Wrap Up 2016 Pics on Feb 15, 2017. Scully's final broadcast was the Dodgers at Giants on the last game of the 2016 season.

No comments: