Tuesday, August 23, 2022

I Brush My Teeth To Save Ten Thousand Dollars

My dad went to the dentist for a morning surgery. He received a tooth implant. $10,000 was the cost for the implant. The cost was higher when factoring in pain medications, antibiotics, vomit control pills, and, if he still worked, loss of worktime. The non-monetary costs included throwing up, bedridden, and temporary restricted diet.

I brush my teeth in the morning after breakfast and the evening before bedtime. I floss my teeth after breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I blame poor dental advice from past dentists for my deep gum pockets. I use mouthwash after lunch. I use a Waterpik in the evening. I use a tongue scraper in the evening. I wear a retainer to maintain straight teeth and to avoid grinding my teeth when I sleep. The minutes spent day and night for clean teeth is worth the time. In addition, good oral hygiene is important for sex. Sex and $10,000+ are the best motivators to minimize the chances of major dental problems. I hope I have good dental family genes I never need dental surgery when I get old.

No comments: