Tuesday, August 09, 2022

Third Party Dream

Three dreams last night. I was the third-party perspective watching from above like a camera drone hovering above in the first dream and the second dream. I was a participant for the third dream.

The first dream. There were two houses next to each other. An old man lived in one house. He was an army veteran. He was late on his rent. He was one month away from being evicted. He dated an old woman who was a Harry Potter fan or Potterhead. The old man became a Potterhead. She helped pay his rent. They played Harry Potter trivia outside the front yard. The neighbor befriended the old man who was also a Potterhead. The neighbor helped the old man in Harry Potter trivia against his girlfriend.

The second dream. There was an apartment complex in a lower-class neighborhood. Colors were brownish tone. The complex was multi-floor. There was no fenced backyard for all first-floor units. One unit had a family of three consisting of the father, mother, and son around four years old. The father became a dead-beat dad leaving the apartment unit. The son didn't know what happened. The mother didn't appear in my dream.

The third dream. I was a rookie business journalist. My editor boss was the Michael Keaton character from the movie Spotlight. My first assignment was finding winning stocks to recommend. I worked hard. I made mistakes. Keaton approved my stocks. My article was printed. The song The Middle by Jimmy Eat World played in my mind. I continued writing good business articles.

There was a brief fourth dream. I walked on my neighborhood street on the opposite side of my house towards the apartments. I saw my dad driving his old white Honda Civic 4-speed manual transmission hatchback towards me.

Two More 1990s Songs

I mention two songs from the movie Empire Records. The first song is Til I Hear From You by Gin Blossoms. The second song is Liar by The Cranberries.

No comments: