Saturday, October 01, 2022

The Lowest Of The Low Employee

I dreamed last night I was in a division meeting at a publicly traded large tech company in Silicon Valley. The division consisted of three departments. Each department occupied a long table in the large meeting room. The CEO was present. The time of the meeting was early evening in the fall season. The economy was in a recession.

I was the lowest of the low employee in the division. I felt like fourth grade physical education. I was chosen last to be in a team. I took advantage of my position to speak up. I had nothing to lose. I told the truth. I spoke on the recession. I spoke on the low morale. I spoke on layoffs. I spoke on family finances. I spoke on many people ignoring the economic news of a recession. The CEO asked if there are any questions afterwards. One employee asked about the competition. The CEO asked if he needed to be polite. Employees said no. The CEO answered everyone is screwed. The end of the meeting another employee suggested ramen for a dinner gathering.

I survived the layoffs. How ironic some experienced employees were laid-off. Employees who tell the truth are most likely to be laid-off. Maybe my salary was too cheap.

Update On A Past Blog

Last night's dream included the conversation on layoffs. Be honest. There is a 99% chance an employee is replaceable. The 1% employees are the Michael Jordans, Tom Bradys, Meryl Streeps, and the Michael Jacksons. Specifically, there is a difference between replaceable and layoffs. An employee is replaceable. Undisputable. The question is, "Is the employee going to be laid-off?"

I wrote a blog Higher Priority Job Hiring And Higher Weight Job Hiring on Sep 10, 2017. An employee's complete package is the reason to hire which includes attitude, knowledge, experience, and professionalism. Any of the four examples missing the job candidate is disqualified. Similarly, the four examples apply to an employee's chances of being laid-off.

I wrote, "Artificial Intelligence eliminates more jobs as time moves forward, anyways." Companies can replace employees with artificial intelligence with a 98% accuracy. WarGames (1983) is a movie example of a computer making decisions WarGames (7/11) Movie CLIP - DEFCON 1 (1983) HD.

No comments: