Sunday, October 09, 2022

The Real Life Felix Felicis

Felix Felicis is a potion from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. The drinker becomes lucky for a period of time. Everything attempted becomes successful. The potion is also called "Liquid Luck." The drinker must not take Felix Felicis in excess which causes giddiness, recklessness, and dangerous overconfidence.

I share three real Felix Felicis. The first is a moment. The second is a partial Felix Felicis in a calendar year. The third is a complete Felix Felicis in a calendar year. Good luck was excellent. Life flowed my way. I could do anything successfully. Good fortunes came to me.

The Felix Felicis moment happened Apr 2-6, 2017. I admitted myself to the emergency room at O'Connor Hospital for severe stomach pains. I was diagnosed with Acute Gallstone Pancreatitis. I required two surgeries which were successful. The first surgery was Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography which removed gallstones. The second surgery was Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy which removed my gallbladder. The five days at O'Connor went smoothly. The emergency room was quiet. All tests, checkups, and follow-ups went as schedule. The only delay was waiting for the doctors to discharge me. My floor where I stayed was quiet except my last night. The victims of a major car accident stayed around my room. One of them shared my double occupancy room. They were quiet and problem free. One may say I'm still paying back the Felix Felicis Apr 2017 today.

The Felix Felicis partial calendar year happened in 2010. I attended De Anza College to earn an A.A. degree in Accounting. I earned A's in all my classes. I rented a DVD movie from the library once a week. The two anime conventions I attended were perfect. I went to a Paul McCartney concert. I played StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. The San Francisco Giants Won the 2010 World Series which was their first in San Francisco franchise history. I rode the San Francisco cable car for the first time.

Felix Felicis didn't work for my Beginning Singing class in Winter Quarter 2010 and my Cost Accounting class in Spring Quarter 2010. I should have dropped both classes. The Beginning Singing class didn't meet my expectations. It was a waste of time. The instructor for the Cost Accounting was ineffective. I should have taken the class at a future quarter with a different instructor.

The Felix Felicis complete calendar year happened in 2005. I visited Washington, Oregon, and British Columbia, Canada for the first time. I purchased my first laptop which was a Dell Inspiron 8600 on sale. I created my Innovating Common Knowledge blog.

Side note: 2009 can be the Felix Felicis complete calendar year instead 2005. I graded 2009 and 2005 an A+ from Grading My Past Years blog on Aug 13, 2018. The difference is 2009 went downhill in Dec.

No comments: