Sunday, July 23, 2023

It Was My Fault I Made A Mistake

I admit I made a mistake. It was my fault. We were late to a family gathering yesterday at 4:30pm in a restaurant. We arrived at 5:30pm.

I shopped for the second gift in the late morning. I purchased the second gift at the fourth store. What if I purchased the second gift at the first store? The narrative was I found the second gift minutes away from the house. The family schedule followed according to plan. I looked good. Unfortunately, the narrative was too much traveling time and too much shopping time. I rushed eating a late breakfast. I rushed wrapping up the gifts in two boxes. The first gift was purchased weeks before.

In addition, there was bad traffic. There were miscommunications. There were more red signal lights than green signal lights by a two-to-one ratio. I needed to use the bathroom twice. I was told on Thur two days before the family gathering.

It didn't matter the circumstances. I couldn't control the bad timing. I couldn't control the bad luck. I took responsibility. I apologize.

No comments: