Saturday, July 08, 2023

Continue The Lie

I dreamed last night I was a data analyst for an unknown business located in San Jose, CA. I completed a pricing analysis. I didn't analyze. I didn't research. I faked the report. I made up the numbers.

Two co-workers brought to my attention an email from our manager. Our manager was embarrassed. A local university said her presentation was incorrect. The students spent hours past midnight proving the incorrectness. She defended her presentation.

I woke up. I realized I should have continued the dream because I could have lied my way out of my fake analysis. The dream represented today's life. Some people get away with bullshit. I could have escaped my bullshit with more bullshit.

Update On A Past Blog

My dream last night reminded me of the blog Did The Dumb Ass Co-Worker Wanted To Change? on Jul 15, 2009. My dumb ass co-worker faked the statistics for years. He was eventually caught. I was told he found another job in the same industry before he got fired. He was too lucky.

I could follow lesson six by keeping my mouth shut in the Five Minute Management Course written on Jan 12, 2010. Lesson six is three parts. The third part is to be silent when I'm in trouble. Although, lesson five is nobody stays on top lying 100% of the time.

No comments: