Saturday, February 24, 2024

Nobody Weaker Than Me Kicked My Ass

I thought about the people weaker than me throughout my life from junior high school to my 30s. There were reasons why the weaker people I knew were weaker than me. I feared the weaker people become stronger than me. I feared the weaker people become better than me. I hated the weaker people whether they were my friends, co-workers, acquaintances, classmates, and family. I didn't want them to be in my presence.

What was my mistake? The fear should have motivated me to get stronger. The fear should have motivated me to get better. I should have worked to be a better child, better teenager, better student, and better young adult. I worked less than half-assed to prevent the weaker people becoming better than me. The end result was either the weaker people remained weak or the weaker people improved to match me. There was nothing to fear. Nobody overcame me.

The motivation to get stronger continues today. I include the motivation to get smarter and wiser. Physical fitness workouts improve indefinitely. Eight hours of sleep is required. Financial education is nonstop. I make a note to learn something every time I encounter a better person than me.

No comments: