Thursday, July 11, 2024

I Learned Nothing From Preschool To Third Grade

I dreamed of Kmart last night. Kmart is a big box department store. There were 2,323 Kmart stores in the United States in 1994. There are twelve stores in the United States as of Apr 24, 2024. I remember the front of the store was all glass with glass entrances, exits, and emergency exits doors. There were no automatic doors. I remember the clothes, shoes, deli, restaurant, hardware, garden, and toys sections. I think there was a fabric and crafts section next to the restaurant. I looked at the Hershey's candy bars and Lifesavers candy at the checkout with my mom and brother.

The Kmart dream inspired today's blog. Who was I as a child? Who was I between ages 5-9? I read sentences. I added numbers. I subtracted numbers. I wrote simple sentences. I spelled simple words such as dog, cat, hat, Monday, playhouse, Sesame Street, The Wall Street Journal, and block. On the other hand, I was an enthusiastic, nice, friendly, and dumb kid. There was no guidance. There was nobody to call out my mistakes. There was no encouragement. There was too much fun such as watching too much television; however, Sesame Street taught me more than my parents. There was too little brain simulation such as too little reading books. I didn't know the latest and greatest outside the house in terms of current events, culture, entertainment, and leisure. There was no discover new hobbies. There was no learn new knowledge. My parents were afraid of new adventures.

There were little friends. I didn't have any friends in preschool. My first friend was a girl in kindergarten. My first crush was in first grade. She sat on my immediate left. I sat at the far right along the second to the last row and in front of the teacher's desk. We never talked. Her first name was Meghan. First grade was the best year for friends. I changed schools in second grade. The friends I met in second grade and third grade were one school year and done.

All of the above were not my fault. All is forgiven. I'm catching up what I missed from preschool to third grade. I learn how to talk to people. I learn how to make paper airplanes. I learn how to fold a piece of paper to a triangle as if I'm passing notes between myself and a girl. I learn Morse Code. I watch movies I missed in my childhood. I read books I should have read when I was a child. It's never too late to catch up from the past.

Side note: My first grade teacher never rearranged the desks. I sat in the same desk and in the same position throughout the school year. My second grade and third grade teacher rearranged desks and positions multiple times throughout the school years. My teacher was the same in second grade and third grade.

Update On A Past Blog

I selected past blogs when I was a child. I wrote two blogs on my parents in a negative way. The first blog Top Ten Lessons My Parents Failed To Teach Me written on May 2, 2013 is lessons I self-taught. The second blog Top Ten Don't Be My Parents written on Mar 17, 2020 is their habits and lifestyles I discourage people to adapt. Nobody is perfect. On the other hand, my parents taught me lessons I follow today My Parents Raised My Correctly written on Feb 15, 2015.

Seven of the ten Top Ten Kid Moments written on Oct 26, 2015 happened between preschool and third grade. There were some good memories; although, I second guess today being a quiet child in number 2 Girls I Liked And Liked Me.

It took me decades being an adult I Wasn't A Dumb Child After All on Apr 17, 2019. I realized my poor short-term memory was the primary reason for my frustrations, sadness, and hiding my weaknesses. I also wrote a blog with the same title I Wasn't A Dumb Child After All on Aug 3, 2013. My parents are partially blamed for my false sense I was dumb when I was a child. All is forgiven.

No comments: