Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Allergies And Coughs July 2024

I got sick in Jul 2024. The last time I got sick was in Apr 2022 Allergies And Coughs April 2022. I blog how I treated myself and the likely causes because I want to reference my treatment the next time I get sick. No panic. Obvious symptoms. Pain never severed. Slow and long recovery compared to the Apr 2022 which was quick.

Tue Jul 2, 2024. Irritating throat. Phlegm down my throat. Possible allergies. First day over 100 degrees in 2024. Turned on the residence air conditioning for the first time in 2024. Drank Coke for dinner.

Wed Jul 3. Took Zyrtec at midnight 12:00am. Minor runny nose. Light cough. White color phlegm. Appetite suppressed. Aches in my legs and calves. Lots of sleep. Slept with Breathe Right nasal strips.

Thur Jul 4. Took Zyrtec at 12:26am. Headaches. Light coughing. Yellow color phlegm. One nap. COVID-19 test negative.

I feared all the minor symptoms became worse in the upcoming days. Lower back pain. Poor appetite. I forced myself to eat.

Fri Jul 5. Took Zyrtec at 12:40am. Coughing woke me up at 5:20am. My stomach growling woke me up at 6:30am. Body sweated. I felt throwing up for which I didn't. Went back to sleep at 7:50am. I woke up at 10:50am. I made Jello.

I felt my sickness was the stomach flu without throwing up. My meals were Jello, bread, saltine crackers, and ginger ale. I questioned a stomach virus caused a loss of appetite. Throat felt sore when I swallowed only.

Sat Jul 6. Took Zyrtec at 1:00am. Best sleep of the week. No interruptions. Post nasal drip caused little coughing. Continued sleeping with Breathe Right nasal strips.

Sun Jul 7. Took Zyrtec at 1:55am. More coughing. More stomach aches. More pooping. White color phlegm. I felt worse.

I changed my meals plan. I ate small portions solid food starting at dinner. My initial plan was eat solid foods starting tomorrow. My mom suggested I stop drinking Canada Dry ginger ale. I accepted. I went back to Coke which was not expired. I immediately felt better.

Mon Jul 8. Took Zyrtec at 1:20am. Little coughing delayed my full sleep briefly. Ate more solid foods gradually. Chocolate soothed coughs since coughing started. White color phlegm. Lost five pounds from 160lbs to 155lbs.

Tue Jul 9. Took Zyrtec at 8:00am. Lots of coughing. Ate lots of chocolate. Coolest day of the month. Another heat wave started tomorrow.

Wed Jul 10. Took Zyrtec at 12:00pm. Coughing started after drinking Coke for dinner. No Coke tomorrow.

My right ear was sensitive when I dried my ears with Q-Tips. I wanted to cough.

Thur Jul 11. Took Zyrtec at 12:15pm. I lied. I drank Coke for dinner. No effect on coughing. No coughing for most of the day. I thought Coke from last night increased coughing. It was false. Recovery was faster as long as I sleep.

Fri Jul 12. Took Zyrtec at 1:15pm.

Sat Jul 13. Took Zyrtec at 1:15pm. Setback. I wasn't ready to stop taking Zyrtec. Weather was cooler and muggy. Post nasal drip intensified. More coughing. I brought back Coke for at least one meal a day.

Sun Jul 14. Took Zyrtec at 1:20pm. No improvements. My parents turned on the air conditioning even thought the temperatures were in the mid 80s. My body failed to adjust to the 80s weather. I continued drinking Coke and eating chocolate. Sleeps were good.

Mon Jul 15. I forgot to take Zyrtec in the afternoon. Worst night sleeping relatively speaking. I took a long time to fall asleep. I ate chocolate to fall asleep. No change in coughing.

I needed to move my body. I began modified workouts. I took Zyrtec at 11:00pm. I needed a Zyrtec for 30 minutes on the stationary cycle.

Tue Jul 16. Took Zyrtec at 11:00pm. I connected the dots backwards. Triple whammy. Triple sickness. I got Respiratory Syncytial Virus or RSV, stomach flu, and RSV for the second time afterwards. I couldn't get COVID-19 because my parents didn't get sick.

All three of the following continued. I drank Coke for lunch and dinner. I ate chocolate to soothe my coughs. I slept with Breathe Right nasal strips.

Wed Jul 17. Took Zyrtec at 11:00pm. I was sensitive to cold. I drink Coke for dinner only. I could change back to lunch and dinner. I needed chocolate to fall asleep.

Thur Jul 18. Took Zyrtec at 11:00pm. No Coke.

Fri Jul 19. No Zyrtec. White color phlegm. I ate chocolate to soothe my coughs and to relieve post nasal drip.

Mon Jul 22. No Zyrtec. White color phlegm. I ate chocolate to relieve post nasal drip.

Thur Jul 25. Popping my ears continued.

Sat Jul 27. Below average temperatures today. I was sensitive to the cooler weather. I needed more chocolate.

Wed Jul 31. Best sleep. No chocolate to fall asleep. No coughing.

Mon Aug 5. Began full workouts.

How Did I Get Sick?

The sickness could be titled as avoidable mistakes. I experienced stomach aches staring on Fri Jun 21, 2024. I could have drank more Coke. I could have not eaten too ripped pineapple. I could have avoided too much exercise; in other words, don't exercise more than the appropriate meals I ate to exercise safely. And I shouldn't drink expired sodas. Here are the possible causes:

Four mile jog became a five mile jog. I ate a poor lunch. My physical fitness wanted a four mile job. My emotions wanted a five mile jog. Sickness from fatigue. Probability: 80%.

Multiple days stomach aches. Did I get the stomach flu beforehand? Probability: 75%.

Slept with the desk fan on and windows fully open. I forgot to turn off the fan and forgot to close the windows before I went to sleep. I turned off the fan and closed the windows at the 7am hour. The error reminded me of the Jul 2000 sickness; however, the Jul 2000 summer weather was unseasonable cold. Probability: 60%.

Weather temperatures variance. My body is weak when I adjust from a big temperature change. Probability: 30%.

Family birthday gathering. There was a family gathering to celebrate my cousin's twin sons one year birthday on Jun 30, 2024. Weather was warm. I limited my meals because of my continued stomach aches. Was somebody else sick? Probability: 25%.

Dirty water pitchers. I didn't wash the water pitchers for months. Probability: 10%.

No comments: