Saturday, October 15, 2005

Epilogue

Finally, Finally, Finally!!! :-)) Epilogue is completed.

Why did I go on the Washington Canada trip? Two reasons. The first reason is a combination of visiting another state, visiting a foreign country, and visiting my friend at his home state. 100% success. Happy compliments only.

The second reason is inspiration. I wanted to learn something, get something, take something with me that gives me the extra I need to move forward in my life. During the trip, I was not inspired—not even a clue to begin thinking about what inspired me. The week after the vacation, I realized I actually was inspired. What inspired me? Here it is:

On the first day of the vacation, Steve drove around Hood Canal. He wanted to take the scenic route from the airport to Lilliwaup, Steve’s home city. During the drive, I paid attention to the homes facing the waterfront. Most of the people I saw are in their retirement age, have middle class cars (in other words, no BMWs, Mercedes, and Lexuses) parked on their driveways, and wearing clothes that likely were purchased from Old Navy or Ross. These people didn't earn the money to buy these homes to live for retirement and/or for a vacation home overnight. It took years for these retirees to make money. Life is a marathon, not a sprint. These people won their marathons and are retired. It takes time to become successful. I should enjoy the marathon. That is the inspiration from the Washington Canada Vacation. *Hooray, hooray, hooray*

I like to thank my friend Steve for taking the time to organize the vacation. I enjoyed every minute. It was a change in past visits when you always come to San Jose to visit and hangout.

Miscellaneous Everything

--Steve and I talked about going to Portland several times during our stay in Canada since Friday was open. The drive from the Seattle area to Portland was three hours. We choose not to go to Portland because there was extra driving for Steve and it was a six hours round trip drive. Not worth it.

--I made several comments during the trip that the cities visited and the roads traveled reminded me of parts of California and Nevada such that these were no different. I was 100% wrong. Each city visited and each road traveled are different and unique. The weather, the people, the streets, the shops, the air I breathe, the buildings, the roads, everything, everything, everything are unique. If you feel that there is a spot in a city or a road is the same as in your home city or home state, then your feelings are wrong. Malls are different, neighborhoods are different, stores are different, and people are different. Everything is different. Best example, in Victoria, sure Victoria has malls and stores in downtown, but it’s different that Downtown San Jose’s malls and stores; furthermore, all cars stop for pedestrians at crosswalks.

As I think back on all the sights, I am confident to say all of these cities are different than in California’s cities I know. Maybe at first, you think, “Yeah, what’s the difference, it reminds me of my home city.” In a future date, however, you are going to think about the places you visit and rethink. Trust me. It happened to me a week later after the vacation.

--I'm curious on the demographics in Washington. Not being racist, when Steve and I walked to Taco Time, I was shocked the workers were Caucasian. There were no minorities. Wow. All of the restaurants and retail shops Steve and visited were Caucasian. I live in the Bay Area, and 95 times out of 100, the workers in fast food restaurants are Mexicans. Not being racist. I'm thinking since many Californians have been choosing Washington as a top choice to leave California, I wonder if many of these workers’ parents and immediate families were from California. Again, not being racist :)

--Always do your research. The research completed during the trips to Victoria and Vancouver was important. It did rain during the two days in Canada; fortunately, with research, we found alternative activities so we don’t get bored. And always have the latest maps to prevent getting lost. It’s worth paying $5.00 for a map at a gas station because if you get lost, the $5.00 is a bargain (and a souvenir).

--Bring a wish list. Chances are when going on vacation, there are shops available. Bring a wish list and you never know when you find a bargain. Steve and I found many bargains.

--The $10.00CAD I didn't spend is displayed along the left side of my gameshelf and held with a BCFerries boat magnet and an old calendar magnet. The left side faces the walkway to my room and door.

And I like to thank the people who read the Washington Canada blog. There are probably a few people. Hee, hee. In the near future, I am going to think about the trip and if there are any big thoughts, I am going to post the thoughts on my blog. I already have two topics from the vacation I am going to post separately because these two are a new subject and deserve a separate blog entry.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: