Thursday, October 27, 2005

I Never Liked Fishing

First, I encountered minor problems with the Anime Expo 2005 cosplay pics. I upload the pictures to my webpage on Saturday. Sorry for the delay. I mentioned Friday the latest.

When I was a kid, I went fishing with my Dad, brother, Uncle, and cousin. Sometimes my Uncle’s friends came along. Everytime I went fishing, I hate it. I didn’t like fishing. I went because I had to. The bait, casting the fishing pole, the fishy smell, the cleaning . . . everything. My family and I fished mostly on the Santa Barbara pier when my family visited my Grandparents in Santa Barbara and the East Bay Municipal Utilities District (EBMUD) fishing pond in Lafayette, CA. I wondered why I was forced to even though I hated it. It was boring waiting for a fish to bite my fishing pole.

When was the first time you fished? The first time I fished was in Lake Tahoe. It was a summer day and there was a fish pond. The pond charged an admission fee. All fish caught were charged a fee by the length of the fish. I think three fish per person was the maximum. I caught the longest and the smallest fish length. I believe the fish was rainbow trout. The fishing poles were simple poles. No reel. Put the bait on the hook, set the pole on the water with the red and white colored plastic ball on the surface of the water. I forgot what the plastic ball was called. When there was a bite, the ball sinks into the water which tells me to lift the pole up to catch the fish. I lifted the pole up and the fish was on the hook. Whoopie :-|

One scary incident happened. When I was in 6th grade, I was fishing on the Santa Barbara pier. Part of the pier was under repairs. The area was marked poorly. My brother, cousin, and I fished next to the under repairs area. As I was walking away from our fishing area, I was one step away from falling down. I turned to the left, walked a few steps, and then I stopped. As I stopped, I realized that part of the pier was missing. I looked down and I saw the water. Holly crap! :-O What a relief! I was so close to falling down.

I think fishing is supposed to teach patience. Unfortunately, it didn’t—at least for me. Rather, it taught me nothing and I wasted part of my youth just sitting and lying down on the pier waiting for a bite. And sometimes the fish already took my bait and my fishing pole was just sitting there—when I realized, I recasted my fishing line back into the water and just sit there wasting time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: