Sunday, June 11, 2006

Whoever Though Of The Word “Rush” Lived A Short Life

In Herbert Simon’s writing “What We Know About The Creative Process”, he said it takes 10 years and 50,000 chunks of knowledge to become an expert. To expand on the idea, it takes 18 years to become an adult. And company executives have at least 10 years of experience in their field of expertise.

On my first day in my Washington Canada trip in August 2005, my friend took the scenic route from Seattle/Tacoma airport to his home in Lilliwaup. I saw the homes along the rivers and lakes. Almost all of the people outside their homes were retired people well into their late 60s. The impression I got was they never rush success.

Don’t rush success. Don’t rush being an expert. The days of the dot com where 20 year olds were making millions are gone. I felt rushed after I graduated college. My co-workers and my friends were rising up their career ladders to new responsibilities and challenges. I felt left behind. I felt sad my life was in a crawl and the world moved forward without me ;__;

Today, I’m taking life slower and learning, enjoying, and having fun. I realize my co-workers and my friends had the experience and the knowledge to move forward. Timing was in their favor. I’m hoping that 10 years from now, my success is going to be 100 times better than today, and I learned new concepts, met lots of new people, thought of new ideas, and experience new experiences—no regrets.

Everyone, *raises his water bottle* here’s to life meant to be enjoyed by everyone at the speed of a baby’s first steps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Resume? I don't need a resume. Here is my resume: Innovator. I'm available to innovate for hire.

No comments: