Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Accutane Day 68


I went to my dermatologist for a routine checkup and another 30 day supply of accutane on Mon Apr 13. My blood test testing my lipids was discussed. My triglycerides and VLDL cholesterol were good, and I continue accutane :D My cholesterol was 210, 10 points higher than the 200 borderline good. My LDL cholesterol was 132, 2 points higher than the 130 borderline good. The physician assistant (PA) said heredity might be a factor for the high numbers. I need to think about heredity. I get another blood test after my treatment is over.

I had one pimple on my back shoulder blade last week. I'm confident there were no pimples on my face in the last two weeks. I still have blackheads on my face ;__; I don't see any improvement. The PA said the chances for success on accutane is just over 50% for one round of treatment. I continue to be patient ^__^ The PA said there is a cyst on my freckle on the right cheek close to my nose. Minor surgery is required to remove the cyst. The PA said I must avoid popping the cyst.

Again, the PA went through standard protocol asking me questions such as do I feel depressed, moody, and suicidal. I purchased Blistex Lip Medex, a lip balm in a container with a lid, for my dry lips. The Lip Medex works! (I applied the lip balm in the pic.)

I write the dates for new acne from now and the next appointment. I take a picture, too ;)

I raised the camera ^^^

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: