Friday, September 18, 2009

I Remember That Guy

This blog entry is delicate and fragile. I do my best to write without offending anyone. If I do, I apologize in advanced. I'm going to type as is without proofreading.

I was at Costco on Thur Sep 17 buying dinner. I paid for the groceries and walked to the exit. I pass by the food court on my right. I saw a group of mentally and physically handicapped people. I recognized one of the people in the group. He went to my junior high and high school.

I thought about how he's living life today. He lives his life fully dependent 24/7. Comparing my life with other people is a no-no, yet I still do it when I converse with people. My life is good compared with him. I bet he rather be laid off, little money, and going back to school than living mentally and physically handicapped. I saw him alone everytime I walked around campus. He talked with himself, shook his body, and needed a walker. He must be with other people for mental, physical, emotional, financial, and probably spiritual needs. He's not going to get a job. It's highly likely he's going to get married. He can't drive a car. He can't even travel to a foreign country on vacation assuming he can't ride an airplane.

Yeah, something to think about.

I'm growing up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: