Friday, April 16, 2010

We All Have Natural Talents

I believe every human has nature talents. The abilities, the skills, the knowledge—all are something we learn naturally and we perform naturally in excellence. Some of our natural talents are lucrative; for example, Michael Jordan playing basketball, Bill Gates finding Microsoft, Meryl Streep acting, and The Beatles musicians. Some of our natural talents are either uncommon or just enjoyable; for example, science-fiction fans into Star Wars, anime fans making award-winning costumes, gardening, and knowing trivia.

Natural talents don't make us overnight successes. Natural talents assure us we choose what we want to do correctly. People must learn, train, practice, make mistakes, and innovate and change to be better continuously. Never take natural talents for granted. Natural talents are feelings inside us when we learn and do something, we have fun and we acquire the skills and knowledge with a natural flow. In other words, we just pick it up like Michael Jordan learning how to shoot free throws and he keeps making his shots.

I want to share some my successes and failures throughout my life on what I have done:

*Anime: Success. The second longest hobby throughout my life. I had my ups and downs. I had my good and bad moments. Without anime, I'm a different person and I have fewer friends.

*Video games: Fail. The longest hobby throughout my life. I'm terrible playing video games. However, I have fun playing video games despite scoring low and being the first players to die. I only play TF2 for online games. I don't have time to play console games.

*Economics: Success. I was a math major when I started at San Jose State. I struggled. I switched majors to economics. No more struggles. Learning economics was more natural.

*Reading Books: Success. I started reading books in 2002. All of the books were business, investment, management, and self-help. In October 2008, I started to read fiction. I learn more about life reading fiction than nonfiction. Reading is a hobby I have fun, especially fiction.

*Programming: Fail. I read books on programming languages such as ASP, XML, and JavaScript. I just couldn't get into it.

*Accounting: TBD. I'm back in school taking accounting classes. So far, so good. It's like economics. Accounting is coming to me naturally. Hope for the best.

*Research Analyst: Success and Fail. At Grubb & Ellis and Colliers, I mastered the job there were days I was bored. There were some days I didn't have the skills and the knowledge to do better. Perhaps learning accounting helps my future careers.

*Working Out: Success. I admit I'm not a bodybuilder. I enjoy working out. I believe physical fitness and metal knowledge are equally important. I bench press 200 pounds.

*My Web Page: Fail. My webpage is terrible. My webpage includes many don'ts in webpage design. See Programming above.

*Sewing: Fail. My mom taught me how to sew. Two reason why sewing is a fail. The first is I just couldn't get into it. The second is my mom is a terrible teacher. Sorry, mom.

*Singing: Fail. I took a singing class in Winter '10 quarter. I couldn't get into it. I didn't have fun practicing at home.

*Ballroom Dancing: Success. I'm ready to learn intermediate patterns.

We seek what we're good at. Everyone has natural talents at something. We do, learn, and try something new to find our natural talents. We have more failures than successes. We learn more about each other with failures and mistakes. The moment we experience a success, we found something we're good at.

I'm A Good Guy Growing Up Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: