Friday, October 15, 2010

Another Lesson I Learned From My Grandparents

My grandparents on both parent’s side lived a simple life. There were no complications. They gardened, cooked, made sure their homes were cleaned and tight, and watched television. They rarely traveled. They took good care of themselves up to the point where health problems took a toll.

My grandfathers and grandmothers are deceased. I realized recently there was another commonality. They had very few friends. Almost all of the time they spent with other people was with family. I don’t recall seeing my grandparents having friends visit their homes. I don’t remember pictures of my grandparents with their friends in their photo albums. I’m sure they had a few people outside family. I don’t recall them socializing outside family events.

I want to live my old years with friends. I don’t want to be 100% dependent on family. People with friends live longer. I can’t imagine my old years living alone. I want to spend that time with friends. I want to one of those old people who travel in groups to Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, or to movie theaters.

Those who read my blogs continuously, and they’re very few out there, one of my themes is always meet new people and make new friends. My grandparents failed to meet new people and make new friends even in their old age. People come and go in our lives. It’s important to be surrounded with people.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: