Monday, October 25, 2010

De Anza Week Oct 18, 2010

Mon Oct 18

The harsh days of college life spread throughout campus. I overheard many students saying they’re getting less sleep. Many students were doing homework and studying whenever they have free time. I saw students studying everywhere including the campus center and outside the library.

There was a get-together for Integrated Computer Acct at 10:30am inside the campus center. Everyone was late. I arrived at 10:45am without eating breakfast. I had trouble waking up. We looked at our Hilton project. Everything looked good. Some of us have minor mistakes easily correctable. One of us didn’t show up. We agreed the project was not difficult. The problem was the project took too long to complete and we had to learn the periodic inventory system. Most of us are taking Intermediate Acct. We agreed priority goes to Intermediate Acct.

I walked together with my Intermediate Acct classmates. We talked about the Chapter 4 being long and difficult. We sat down in our seats. A representative from a CPA test preparation company talked about their services. After the presentation, I talked to another classmate about the CPA test. Then our conversation went to our last jobs. I found out he has an aerospace engineering degree from San Jose State. His contract was terminated when his company didn’t get a government renewal. I told him about my Cisco job. He wants to be a CPA.

Today’s lecture was long and difficult to understand. I barely understood the key points. Reading Chapter 5 during the lectured helped me barely understood. The professor said Chapter 5 is the hardest so far. I agree. Tonight I start reading Chapter 5.

The dancing assistant taught tonight’s dance class. The instructor rehearsed her performance in Downtown San Jose taking place on Thur and Fri night. The assistant tried her best reviewing the Rumba and the East Coast Swing. There was no connection between her and the students. Most of the students were frustrated. I was in and out myself. Tonight’s class was a class to forget. We pick it up next week.

Tue Oct 19

The fatigue continued in the morning. I forced myself up at 8am and I successfully ate breakfast. I was five minutes late to Excel that was an improvement from last week. I wanted to attend class to hear special announcements for future assignments and the mid-term. I finished the homework due Thur.

Integrated Computer Acct class was cancelled. Almost everyone was prepared to submit the Hilton project. One student went to her office after 20 minutes. She was not there. Another student went to her office after 25 minutes. She was still not there. A third student went to the business department office. He came back and told everyone another faculty tells us with information. At the 45th minute, my Intermediate Acct professor told everyone the worrisome news: nobody knows where she is. The professor called her cell phone twice. He left two voice messages. The students were concerned because she’s very detailed and it’s strange she failed to inform anyone if she was sick. We see what happens on Thur. Fortunately the students who didn’t finish the Hilton project have two more days.

Wed Oct 20

Speaking of cancelled classes, my Intermediate Acct class was let out early. The instructor had a family emergency. The timing was bad because Chapter 5 is challenging. I don’t understand the chapter. Today’s partial lecture helped a little. I talked to two students after class. We talked about the Integrated Computer Acct instructor. We learned she didn’t come to campus today. And we learned about her personal life including a divorce two years ago.

Thur Oct 21

The instructor discussed the mid-term Thur Oct 28. There were a few students worrying about the mid-term. The instructor assured us if we did well on the homework, we do well on the mid-term. The rest of the class we reviewed the homework due today. My last homework score I misunderstood two questions and I got a lower score.

I worked on next week’s homework assignment in the computer lab after class. The assignment looked tough because it involved depreciation. I learned depreciation in Acct 1B. I brought my Acct 1A textbook. I said to myself, “Let’s do as much as I can.” I almost finished it to my surprise. I used the internet to review my depreciation concepts. I finish the homework assignment next Tue.

I received information the Integrated Computer instructor is holding class today. We turned in our Hilton project and Chap 4 homework. The instructor delayed Comprehensive Problem I to Tue. She admitted she made a mistake on the course assignment sheet. Some of us think that was her only mistake in the quarter. Tuesday’s homework due is Chap 5 and Comprehensive Problem I.

My studying plans this weekend is Intermediate Chap 5. I finish Integrated Chap 5 Mon night and the Excel homework Tues morning. I have one class to worry about this weekend; however, I have other activities I do outside school.

The DVD movie for the weekend is Vertigo starring James Stewart and Kim Novak.

The Personal Side Of Me Finding Raymond Mar

No comments: