Friday, November 06, 2015

Live For Today And Live For Tomorrow

We hear the common sayings how to live life. Live the present. Live the moment. You're going to die so do it now. You only live once. Don't worry about tomorrow. On the other hand, live for the future. Prepare for tomorrow. Go for the long run. Short-term successes are just short-term; think long-term. Think for a better life tomorrow. Don't be reckless. Don't worry about today.

My 20s was living for the future. I ignored how I should have lived my life in my 20s such as traveling, eating new foods, trying alcohol, meeting new people, expanding my interests . . . seeking new adventures and experiencing new experiences. I saved too much money for which I should have spent some to create young adult stories. I held myself back avoiding more fun. I'm catching up what I missed.
My mid to late 30s was living in the present. I was catching up what I missed in my 20s. I sought new adventures and experienced new experiences. For instance, I backpacked at Zion National Park, rode the San Francisco Cable Card, learned Mahjong, read fiction books, and ballroom danced. I finally drank wine and beer at the age of 39. I let myself go living a life not worrying about tomorrow. I created stories.

Playtime is over. Every day I live for today and I live for tomorrow in 2015. I continue living for today and living for tomorrow for the rest of my life. I discover they're important living the present intelligently and preparing for the future intelligently. What I do today affects me tomorrow positive or negative. Time will tell. A mature adult accepts and follows the life belief live for today and live for tomorrow.

For example, I'm learning new job skills. My current personal project is learning Tableau. The time is now to learn Tableau because some jobs I apply require Tableau. I can't wait for tomorrow learning Tableau. I miss my next job opportunity. Another example is working out at the gym. The time is now to stay physically fit to avoid long-term health problems. I can't wait for tomorrow when my health problems appear. I want to slow down my aging keeping my brain sharp, my bones strong, and my joints flexible. I want to minimize stress, look young, be strong, and stay sexually healthy today. In addition, I continue seeking new adventures and experiencing new experiences today creating stories and preparing opportunities tomorrow.

Find your life path. Find your road straight and winding with bumps. Find your way of living both today and tomorrow. I believe the happiest people and the successful people think today and tomorrow. What can I do today for a better tomorrow? What do I do today I may not do tomorrow?

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: