Saturday, November 07, 2015

Top Ten Fast Food Moments

There are stories told every day. We live each day one day at a time creating stories anywhere and anytime. Today's blog is sharing stories at fast food restaurants. The food is crap. The memories are good. Here is my top ten fast food moments.

10. Jack In The Box, San Jose, CA (1998). I was depressed as a recent college graduate looking for a job. I splurged on a Jumbo Jack combo upgrading to curly fries. It was the first year Jack In The Box served curly fries. The meal tasted good. I felt hope. I can't believe I'm saying a combo meal cheered me up.

9. McDonalds, Los Gatos, CA (2014). My third shift at the company's second store I ate lunch ordering two McChicken sandwiches and a Chicken McNugget combo.

Side note: My first shift I ate at Chipotle. My second shift I ate at Erik's Deli Cafe.

8. Jack In The Box, Campbell, CA (2000). It was the first time I ordered the Jumbo Jack combo with an ice cream shake. My friends and I played RPGs and watched anime the entire night. It was the closest restaurant opened after midnight.

7. McDonalds, Fremont, CA (2001). I drove from our Pleasanton, CA office to our San Jose office after a meeting. I stopped to eat lunch and play the Monopoly contest. I won a Playstation 2 video game. I didn't redeem because my social security number was required. I didn't own the console at the time.

6. Chipotle, Las Vegas, NV (2006). My friend from Washington and I ate a Chipotle after a night of gambling. It was my first time eating at Chipotle. I heard the hype being a great fast food Mexican restaurant. The mild salsa big sized burrito I ordered was spicy.

5. McDonalds, Saanichton, British Columbia, Canada (2005). My friend from Washington and I took a vacation in Canada. It was the first time I ate a McGriddle. It was the first time I saw a McDonalds which looked like a five star fast food restaurant. It was clean. It was modern. It looked like a high class diner.

4. McDonalds, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (2007). My business trip on my second week in the company. The closest restaurant opened after 9pm was McDonalds less than a block away from the hotel. I worked out at the gym afterwards.

3. Taco Time, Port Orchard, WA (2008). I visited my friend in Washington. We ate at Taco Time after he picked me up from the airport. It was the last time I saw snow as of the blog entry.

2. Boston Market, San Jose, CA (1996). I was hired to work at Blockbuster Video during the summer. I ate at Boston Market for the first time to celebrate my job.

1. McDonalds, San Jose Airport (2000). I booked the first flight from San Jose to Orange County. I didn't eat breakfast at home. I ordered the pancakes combo. It was the only time I ate their pancakes.

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: