Monday, January 02, 2017

Allergies And Coughs October 2016

I was sick and I wasn't sick. I experienced a throat infection which healed itself using Zyrtec. It appeared to be an allergy infection on the throat. Coughing was so-so. I log my treatment to remember the next time I experience a sore throat and cough. I also note the likely causes with a percentage probability under "How Did I Get Sick?".

Fri Oct 21, 2016. Itchy throat came and went at night. I drank water which temporary relives the itchiness. Total sleep time was 10 hours.

Sat Oct 22. I woke up early in the morning with a sore throat. I took a Chloraseptic sore throat lozenge. I started drinking Coke. Total sleep time was nine hours last night.

Sun Oct 23. I took another Chloraseptic sore throat lozenge. I took a two hour nap in the afternoon. I thought of allergies like July 2011 when I was in Los Angeles.

Mon Oct 24. I took another Chloraseptic. Light coughing began because of post nasal drip. I took a GasX for bloating. I drank Coke. I slept 10 hours last night without coughing was a good sign my sickness was not serious.

I wondered if my water bottle I use to cool room temperature Crystal Geyser bottle water in the refrigerator I never cleaned was a cause.

Tue Oct 25. Night coughing began last night because of post nasal drip. Total sleep time was six hours. Sore throat was gone. I drank Coke for lunch and dinner. Phlegm color was white.

Wed Oct 26. I turned on the humidifier at 6:10am. I immediately slept. My post nasal drip intensified in the afternoon. I lost my voice. Weather was terrible with 80s in the daytime and 50s in the nighttime. My body experienced difficult adjusting the big difference in highs and lows.

Thur Oct 27. I slept last night at a 45 degree angle. I turned off the humidifier. I immediately slept. I took a Mucinex DM at 9:30am. Coughed up yellow color thick phlegm. I resumed drinking Coke for lunch and dinner. I experienced diarrhea because of a Mucinex side effect and I drank too much water.

Enough was enough. I went to my favorite Urgent Care Center. It didn't accept my new insurance plan. I call my primary care physician tomorrow morning. I was forced to tough it out another night for which I couldn't sleep between 2am and 6am because post nasal drip kept me coughing. No more humidifier.

Fri Oct 28. My primary care physician was on vacation. I went to another urgent care center which accepted my new insurance.

The physician assistant found nothing serious. My throat was recovering. My throat was neither sore nor red as I thought. She told me to take Zyrtec to control post nasal drip. Stop taking Mucinex. I have a virus in recovery. No bacterial infection.

I slept good. I woke up to coughing in the late evening. I drank water. I went back to sleep.

Sat Oct 29. Post nasal drip improved. Coughing became occasional. The coughing was nothing in comparison to past sicknesses. It was cough and done. I craved to eat more. I splurged eating candy.

Sun Oct 30. I washed my blankets, mattress protector, and pillow protector. I dusted my room, my mattress, and behind my bed. I replaced my old sheets with clean sheets.

I slept with a minor problem last night. I felt warm. I slept with one blanket. I fell asleep. Total time was seven hours.

Mon Oct 31. I slept 10.5 hours last night. Best sleep in a week. I woke up when my throat was dried. I coughed less in bed. Post nasal drip improved in the evening.

Tue Nov 1. I slept 9.5 hours straight without waking up last night. Post nasal drip causing me to cough decreased. I ate yogurt in the afternoon. I kept myself warm to cough less. Unfortunately, post nasal drip and coughing intensified at night and falling asleep.

Wed Nov 2. I slept nine hours last night. I woke up when my throat or mouth was dried. I drank water. Post nasal drip didn't cause me to cough. I stopped taking Zyrtec.

Thur Nov 3. No dry throat while I slept eight hours last night. Feeling cold aggravated my post nasal drip. I felt great for hours. The seconds of post nasal drip irritated my throat I coughed nonstop for a minute.

The morning and evening were too cold. I wore long sleeve shirt and pajamas. The afternoon was too warm. I wore a t-shirt and shorts. The temperatures were 75 for the high and 51 for the low.

I took a Zyrtec at 8:35pm. I worked out at the gym doing an easy walk on the tread mill at 10:20pm.

Fri Nov 4. I slept for nine hours last night uninterrupted. No dry throat. The temperatures were 77 for the high and 51 for the low. I took a one hour nap because I experienced a headache. I continued taking Zyrtec.

Sat Nov 5. 73 high and 55 low temperatures. Another good sleep last night totaling nine hours without a dry throat.

Sun Nov 6. 74 high and 55 low temperatures. I slept nine hours plus one hour because of daylight standard time last night. Post nasal with coughing came and went. Phlegm color was white. I continued taking Zyrtec at 10:30pm.

Mon Nov 7. I slept for seven hours last night. I woke up twice because of a dry throat. The high was 75 and the low was 57. I wore a sweatshirt at night while I cooked. I was too warm. I wore my sweatshirt around my shoulders. I took a Zyrtec at 10:45pm.

Tue Nov 8. 77 was the high and 55 was the low. I ate two pieces of bread before I went to bed. No post nasal drip problems while I fell asleep.

Wed Nov 9. Unseasonably warm mild weather continued. 77 was the high and 55 was the low. I took a Zyrtec at midnight Thur Nov 10 because I forgot to take it earlier. Gym workouts continued walking on the treadmill to stay physically active. The air was dry.

Thur Nov 10. Temperatures reached a high of 79 and a low of 56. I slept last night 8.5 hours with a bed sheet and one blanket. Was my warm body heat sensitive coming back? No post nasal drip and coughing.

Fri Nov 11. Temperatures reached a high of 77 and a low of 56. I slept last night 8.5 hours. No post nasal drip and coughing. I worked out at the gym with the machines weights one set only.

Sat Nov 12. Temperatures reached a high of 75 and a low of 52. No post nasal drip last night because I ate two slices of bread before I went to bed? I experience my throat was dry and post nasal drip once.

Sun Nov 13. I experienced post nasal drip and dry throat in the late morning. I drank water. I felt good.

Mon Nov 14. Temperatures were going down at a high of 69 and a low of 52. The highs and lows didn't matter. The difference between the highs and lows matters. Also, where the difference between the highs and lows matters. A temperature range between 100 and 80 doesn't matter to me. A temperature range between 70 and 50 does matter to me.

I adjusted my Zyrtec schedule to take one at noon. When did I stop taking Zyrtec? Was the answer cooler temperatures and/or consistent weather? No more post nasal drip? No more dry air? Post nasal drips stopped when I drink water, eat my meals, and stay warm in the evening.

Tue Nov 15. Temperatures continued going down at a high of 68 and a low of 50. I experienced one post nasal drip attack with lots of coughing. The air was extremely dry.

Wed Nov 16. I slept nine hours last night. Weather got cooler and consistent. The high was 64 and the low was 43.

Sat Nov 19. I took a Zyrtec at noon. I stopped taking Zyrtec on Thur Nov 17. The weather warmed up to 73 as the high and 54 as the low.

Fri Nov 25. Post nasal drip and coughing came back. I took a Zyrtec at 1:30pm. I doubted eating stale Oreo cookies and Goldfish, drinking old Coke, and my nephew recovering from his sickness caused me to cough.

Sat Nov 26. I took a Zyrtec at 2:00pm. Air was dry. I drank water when my throat felt dry. I drank Coke when I ate lunch and dinner.

Sun Nov 27. A brief strong cough happened at 1:00pm. I took a Zyrtec at 2:00pm. I continued drinking Coke eating lunch and dinner.

Mon Nov 28. There were a few post nasal drip and coughing while I slept last night. I cleaned the house. I vacuumed my sister's dog fur in the living room and family room. Did the dog shedding fur cause my second allergy attack? I continued taking Zyrtec at 2:00pm. I stopped drinking Coke.

Tue Nov 29. Good sleep last night. Coughs were few. Phlegm color was white. I took a 20 minute nap.

Wed Nov 30. I experienced trouble sleeping last night which included waking up to cough. I slept for eight hours. Post nasal drip and coughing happened when I felt cold. Possible relapse becoming sick again like May 2015? I resumed drinking Coke for lunch and dinner.

Thur Dec 1. One cough woke up me last night. One cough in the afternoon. I took a Zyrtec at 2:45pm.

Fri Dec 2. I took a Zyrtec at 3:00pm. I continued drinking Coke. All was good.

Sat Dec 3. I took a Zyrtec at 4:00pm. One cough in the morning. I was cold which was good. No more 70s temperatures.

Mon Dec 5. I took a Zyrtec and drank Coke for lunch as a precaution. It turned out today was the last day I took a Zyrtec.

How Did I Get Sick?

Expired ginger ale. I drank the ginger ale on Thur Oct 20. Probability: 10%.

New bread. I ate Artesano bread for the first time on Fri Oct 21. Probability: 10%.

Chiptole chicken bowl mild spiced salsa. Chiptole has been in the news regarding food safety. Personally, I never experienced any food sickness. The mild spice was the spiciest I ate on Sun Oct 16. I didn't drink soda. The bowl must be considered. Probability: 20%.

The smelly person at the gym. There is a gym member with bad body odor walking on the treadmill. I was on the stationary bike. I moved to another bike further away from the gym member minutes after the smell discovery. The time I was closer to the gym member might have been enough to contract a virus from him. Probability: 40%.

Unseasonably warm weather. The weather was mild and unseasonably warm in Oct and Nov weather. My body is weak adjusting to a daily big temperature differences. For example, daytime temperatures in the 80s and nighttime temperatures in the 50s confuse my body. Probability: 50%.

Similarly, dry air and stagnant air causes my body to feel like I'm in a desert. Probability: 50%.

Skipping meals. I was fatigue starting on Mon Oct 17. I ate inadequate meals starting on Sun Oct 16. Probability: 80%.

No More Making The Same Mistake

I must eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I never skip meals for the rest of my life. I remove all budget restrictions. No more eating cheap when I'm out of the house. No more being picky.

Reference Past Sickness Blogs

Finally, here are the past blogs on past sickness as a reference.

24 hour sickness on Dec 2015. Sore Throat And Runny Nose New Year's Eve 2016

My worse sickness I got from a co-worker on May 2014. Me Versus My Throat Infection And Eye Infection

The short infection could have been avoided if I ate a complete lunch and dinner on Nov 2012. Me Versus My Sinus Infection IV

My sickness from a family member on Mar 2012. Me Versus My Sinus Infection III

I discovered indoor drafts are bad and outdoor breezes are good on Sep 2011. Me Versus My Sinus Infection II

I should have went home before playing games in a house with stagnant warm air on Mar 2011. Me Versus My Sinus Infection

Email: feedbackininblog@innovateinfinitely.com

No comments: